The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Peering through parliamentary expenses > Comments

Peering through parliamentary expenses : Comments

By Allison Orr, published 11/8/2015

Simply holding a review of the parliamentary entitlements system is a predictable but inadequate response.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Rhorsty,
Quote "As opposed to the current carte blanche that allowed a former Speaker to spend the best part of a $100,000.00 of our money in an effort to get herself elected President of the V.I.P. world?"

I think Kevin Rudd did the same thing a few years back when he was PM, but he did it with 40 million.

If I recall correctly, he gave this 'out of the blue' donation of 40m to a UN body to help people in Africa.

IMO, this could be taken as some UN butt-kissing to shore up some future employment as well.

Now I'm not necessarily against helping other less fortunate people around the globe, but I think its a little treasonous to spend on foreigners when we have our own people (that worked hard to build this country) on hospital waiting lists.

Take care of our own first.
If there's anything left over then and only then do we look at helping others.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 12 August 2015 7:40:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Embarrassing parliamentary expenses in the minds of listeners, anecdotally proves government transparency. The media gain credibility for exposing something that no person goes to jail.

The end result is that distraction guides listeners attention away from many important ideas of concern: Suicide between the ages of 14 to 44 is quoted by the media to be the largest causes of deaths in Australia in that age bracket. Ice is an often presented media mention concern, yet state police are left to fall short of fixing the problem.
My belief is that bad, really bad education is traumatising teenagers learning ability, as to allow most teenagers to be truck driver skilled labourers. Government Education is torturing children into teenager agers into keeping themselves dumb. teenagers leaving school literally hating anything that feels like learning something complex.
Teenagers suffering from learning traumas self-medicate themselves into eventually taking illegal drugs, becoming addicted to illegal drugs. Alcohol used to medicate government education becoming alcoholics.

The fact governments usually fear losing control over populations, having governments controlling education systems is a matter of concern. Yet political embarrassing stories distract ideas like the above.

Few people can think that most social problems are caused for bad education, that leaves most teenagers unable to perform complex tasks other than basic labouring employment. Teenagers are being educated down to poor thinking emotional decision making manual labours.
Posted by steve101, Thursday, 13 August 2015 1:40:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy