The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > You must need an attitude adjustment > Comments

You must need an attitude adjustment : Comments

By Peter West, published 20/7/2015

A series of items in the media caught my attention. It seems that everybody these days can be accused of being anti-this or anti-that.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
I am anti the Canadian government. I mean who are these people already destroying the natural environment with their mountainous tar sands oil, without theme also producing turm oil; and inside the holy of holies, the Canadian parliament?

Is turm oil anything like whale oil, which would likely make sense, due to the copulent entities now flooding into our parliaments; and or availing themselves of fat reduction cosmetic surgery? The probable source of of tons of turm oil?

Ah the sixties and life before the internet and most cosmetic surgery; and when proposing drilling into the GBR, was not confronted by an army of manifestly moribund anti oil enthusiasts!
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Monday, 20 July 2015 10:50:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I blame the Amish.. Not that I'm anti-Amish or anything. They invented the automatic washing mahine so there'd be more time for prayor. That must've started the ball rolling on the pursuit of timesaving household items. Now we've obviously got far too much free time on our hands to spend thinking about everything that isn't important.
Damn Amish. Bunch of trouble makers..

tic...
Posted by jamo, Monday, 20 July 2015 2:32:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well ... I'm very ANTI duplicitous articles like this, that claim to be about a certain issue, only to find that they are about something else altogether. It claims to be about the cultural tendency to attach an 'anti' label to anyone who criticises something. Fair enough. It even starts off innocuously - a footballer being accused of being anti-Jewish. Then the author cuts to the chase, off come the gloves, out shoot the fangs, on go the hob-nail boots and then ... POW!!

Yes, folks. This is all about spruiking the cause of ... ahem ... ANTI-feminism.

Unfortunately, he based most of his argument on the Lauren Southern link provided, only to shot himself in the foot. The woman went storming around a Slutwalk event shouting 'We do NOT live in a rape culture!!' and jabbing microphones up marchers' nostrils and demanding ... 'TELL ME!! Why do you think we live in a RAPE CULTURE? Huh ... tell me. Huh? WHY?? WHY??'

Despite the fact that EVERY person she harrass ... I mean ... interviewed remained polite (often under duress) and gave solid arguments (in and around being repeatedly interrupted and shouted at), backed up by research, statistics and professional experience, Miss Southern would then go off somewhere to give a straight-to-camera account of these angry, rude, hostile confrontations she's having with people who just can't cope with having their agenda criticised. (Tough job, but someone's gotta do it.)

Funny ... despite having a camera crew, she couldn't provide any footage at all of these hostile confrontations. She also claimed to have been violently attacked several times, along with her camera crew, yet she could produce no footage whatsoever of these attacks. Strange.

So ... she was finally ditched from the Canadian Libertarian Party, according to the author 'at the behest of a small group of aggrieved feminist activists'. Yeah, right. Never let it be said that she was ditched for being an public asshole and outright embarrassment.
Posted by Killarney, Monday, 20 July 2015 9:18:06 PM
This author tries to use humour to prove his point that we live in a world where there are too many 'anti' problems.

The only thing is that in items 2 and 3, he uncovers himself as being one of the 'anti's' he is talking about. I doubt we would be able to find as many adverts having a go at men as we would those putting women down. It is certainly improving though.

I believe everyone is anti something or someone....it is just human nature.

Me, I am very much anti anti-feminists and anti religious fundamentalists, and I don't care who knows it.
Posted by Suseonline, Monday, 20 July 2015 11:51:08 PM
If I had an "attitude adjustment", then in order to comply or conform to what everyone else thinks or says, I may as well have a frontal lobotomy!
Honestly, why should any of us have exactly the same attitude to anything and everything?
Just because we have electronic media shoving everyone's opinion in front of our eyes and ears nearly all the time these days, does this mean there is a problem with humanity at large? No, I don't think so.

Humans have always had different opinions about anything and everything, its just that technology "encourages" it to be out for the world to see... hence the premise of this website for example..

Frankly, I am very glad that we all do have different opinions! the problem is when others try to gag or shut down others from expressing it, history is littered with such oppression and modern communication technology dis inhibits this concept.
Posted by Rojama, Thursday, 23 July 2015 2:00:08 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy