The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > My mother told me > Comments

My mother told me : Comments

By John Tomlinson, published 16/7/2015

Tony Abbott doesn't measure up to any of his predecessors.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Much of what he says is true, and Abbott, Hockey, and Turnbull are very hard to like. Might as well add the two Bishops to that while I'm about it.

But this bloke is all about ideology. I'll bet he didn't have much to say about all the lies told by Gillard and Rudd; and he hasn't mentioned any thing about Bill Shorten's either.

A liar is a liar, irrespective of political brands
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 16 July 2015 1:36:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To me this reads like an accurate description of the mad monk.
Why is he (quite rightly) called the mad monk?
Read his manifesto Battlelines and find out. Everything he says and does is just an extrapolation of the ideology and the street-fighting pugilist attitude that he describes there.

Comparing the wall-to-wall lies that he has told, and the broken promises (too), to those committed by either Julia Gillard or Kevin Rudd is quite beside the point - the indisputable fact is that Abbott has hoisted himself on his own petard - inevitably so.

Last night I happened to watch a Youtube video on the topic of Abbott's lies and broken promises. It is all there on the public record, including his statement as to how things would be completely different to the Gillard/Rudd government.
Posted by Daffy Duck, Thursday, 16 July 2015 2:50:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My mother also told me: -
If you have nothing pleasant to say about
someone - keep quiet.

Although I'm not sure that she meant to include
politicians into that.

Anyway, let's take a look at some positives of Mr Abbott:

1) He had an active-hand on the downfall of One Nation.

2) He's made a large number of people wake up to how
they are being lied to and deceived by the Murdoch media.

3) He's garnered huge support for the ABC.

4) More people are watching Q&A as a result of his boycott.

5) He is appearing less and less on TV.

6) He is overseas a lot.

7) He is not my local member.

Then there's also -

8) He's a surf life-saver.

9) He's a volunteer member of the NSW rural fire service.

10) He has excellent taste and judgement about his chosen
female partner.

11) He has good-looking daughters.

12) He has a good-looking female advisor.

13) He has aptly chosen the right speaker of the House
for his Party.

14) He has united the Liberal Party into speaking as one
on all issues.

There will be more to come ...
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 16 July 2015 5:41:06 PM
Another fabulist tirade from a protected workshop (QUT) by someone who has never really worked and being taxpayer protected had to live with the consequences of poor decisions. If Abbott killed a shark while saving a non-cis, disabled, minority female they would try to do a "citizens arrest" over an endangered species.

Probably has verballed mum.
Posted by McCackie, Friday, 17 July 2015 10:19:52 AM
I seem to recall that if our former PM, Julia Gillard
would have walked on water, the Murdoch newspaper headlines
would have been, "Prime Minister Can't Swim!"

It's quid pro quo.

What goes around comes around.

In Mr Abbott's case - he's earned it!
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 17 July 2015 11:07:51 AM
The author states "He foreshadowed cuts to state governments of $80 million in the areas of health and education in the forward years."

Make that $80 Billion that is due to be cut from state health and education budgets starting from 2017 over the next decade. Brace yourselves when those cuts hit - they are guaranteed to sting.
Posted by BJelly, Friday, 17 July 2015 9:03:04 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy