The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > European union risks 'Jew-hater' label > Comments

European union risks 'Jew-hater' label : Comments

By David Singer, published 29/6/2015

The European Union (EU) runs the risk of being labelled 'Jew-hater' should it proceed with its plans requiring supermarkets and other retailers to label products made by Jews in Judea and Samaria

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Re plantagenet: I expect Jews would as always be welcome to live in Australia as equals with the rest of us. Not, though, as a racist enclave somewhere without full, uncompromised Australian allegiance.

Re David Singer: Jordan is not Palestine. That myth to which Mr Singer doggedly clings was promulgated by the prewar British Empire and its allies without the consent of the people of either Jordan or Palestine. The 1946 map shows Jewish settlement in Paslestine, mostly legitimised by local acceptance as part of the region's life, not overlords. The other maps show progressive Zionist encroachment in Palestine starting with the Nakba. Trying to wish away the Palestinian people is the same as the British invaders calling Australia terra nullius. (I have explained the origin of my pen-name before, which I am locked into on Discus sites. I have now set up a new email address and am seeking a way to convert in OLO to my real name which is Dion Giles, but have to find a way not to have to move away from my mailer, Eudora [old version before the deterioration], which is vastly superior to any others I am aware of. I am perfectly comfortable to oppose racism under my own name.
Posted by EmperorJulian, Monday, 29 June 2015 9:37:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hahaha, I wouldn't worry about it, David.

This will be the biggest screw up by the educated elite since they voted in Barack Obama in the USA.

My perception is that most people despise the Arabs and admire the Israelis. Forcing the Israelis to label their food so that people in supermarkets know it is from Israel, works both ways. I for one always go into the Max Brenner coffee house whenever I shop in Parramatta, just to stick it to the Muslims. To his credit, former Labor PM Kevin Rudd did the same thing.

The Jews could stick it to their trendy European enemies by having large yellow stars in cans of fruit juice, just to remind the Euros who despise the Jews just what sort of mindsets they are emulating by boycotting Israeli produce. Jewish shop owners could even have some fun tossing some broken glass outside of their shops (with safety barricades) just to remind the Euros of Krystalnicht.

Bring it on, I say. Like the Australians, The euros may never have had the opportunity to vote to oppose the multiculturalism or gay marriage that was imposed upon them by their own ruling class, so here is a great way to stick it to their own political class and display who's side they are really on. Next time our Muslim enemies commit another massacre of European tourists, just watch the spike in sales of Israeli products in European supermarkets.
Posted by LEGO, Tuesday, 30 June 2015 3:59:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Joe,

<<I look forward to the day when I can buy Israeli goods in any store.>>

There are already quite a few Israeli quality food products in Coles, Woolworths and IGA.
Enjoy!

Dear LEGO,

Israeli products (other than weapons) are already and have always been marked "Made in Israel". The problem was that other products that did not come from Israel, but rather from its occupied territories, were also marked the same, so people could not tell the difference - now this is to be corrected so that those who want to buy Israeli produce can be sure that it is indeed so.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 30 June 2015 8:11:36 AM
I think Davids probably right about this measure being designed in a way that allows people to not choose goods made by Jews in Palestine.

But really is that a crime?
If not why should it be considered one?
Why shouldn't people be able to vote with their money and conscience?

The freedom to vote with your money and conscience is a far more important right.
David himself says this measure will amount to nothing (except embolden "Jew-haters").

This topic actually also has some relation to the secretive TPP.
They are planning to remove all country of origin labeling, as well as preventing products from being labelled GMO if they contain such.
... Among other things.

In this context I oppose any such product labeling regimen that does not show country of origin and whether GMO is present.

As for who makes it, it doesn't really bother me that much, though I wouldn't wish to support Israel if supporting them means I support a continuation of war crimes against an oppressed people.

Nice adding the WRH link Emperor Julian.
David says the info's incorrect, but I really like Michael Rivero's radio show anyway. Just waiting for it to come up.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1CtXVx2Q-tpb9pr24SQbwA
(sorry can't shorten the link and make it work)
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 30 June 2015 8:34:03 AM
You still haven't answered my last questions to you, Armchair Cretin. Are you really so afraid of admitting you were wrong about something?

//If HCN is so non-toxic:
# Why do the American government use it for judicial executions? More to the point, how is it possible to execute somebody with a non-toxic compound?
# How did Himmler, Göring and Rommel use it to commit suicide?
# Why was Allen Elias, CEO of Evergreen Resources, convicted of knowing endangerment for his role in the HCN poisoning of employee Scott Dominguez?//
Posted by Toni Lavis, Tuesday, 30 June 2015 8:42:10 AM
#Emperor Julian

Instead of admitting you have been suckered - you justify your continued reliance on the 1946 false map of "Palestine" with this comment:
"Jordan is not Palestine. That myth to which Mr Singer doggedly clings was promulgated by the prewar British Empire and its allies without the consent of the people of either Jordan or Palestine"

This "myth" was promulgated by all 51 members of the League of Nations who simultaneously endorsed the Mandate for Palestine as well as the Mandates for Syria and Lebanon and the Mandate for Mesopotamia - giving the Arabs 99.90% of the captured Ottoman Empire territory and the Jews 0.01%.

The 51 members were: Albania,Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, British India, Bulgaria, Canada,Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Czechoslovakia, Denmark, El Salvador, Estonia,Finland, France, Greece, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Italy, Japan, Kingdom of Serbs,Croats, and Slovenes, Latvia, Liberia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Persia, Peru, Poland, Portugal,Republic of China, Romania, Siam, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Union of South Africa, United Kingdom, Uruguay, and Venezuela.

The Arabs were represented at the 1919 Peace Conference in Versailles by Emir Faisal, Rustum Haidar, Nuri as-Said, Captain Pisani T.E. Lawrence, and Captain Tahsin Qadri

Do you believe international law formulated in the 1920's can be dismissed with this throwaway proclamation in 1964:
"The Balfour Declaration, the Mandate system and all that has been based upon them are considered fraud"

Do you believe these people can have another go in 1968 and state:
"The Balfour Declaration, the Palestine Mandate, and everything that has been based on them, are deemed null and void."

If you think this is how international law operates - you are seriously mistaken.

Understand these indisputable facts:
1. Transjordan was part of the Mandate for Palestine from 1920 until 1946.
2. Transjordan comprised 76.9% of the territory within which the Jewish National Home was to be reconstituted - which right was "postponed or withheld" in Transjordan in 1922 - but not in Gaza,Judea or Samaria.
4. In 1946 such Jewish right was permanently ended when Transjordan became a Jew-free sovereign independent Arab State.
Posted by david singer, Tuesday, 30 June 2015 10:57:37 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy