The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Latham slams Labor's same-sex marriage romance > Comments

Latham slams Labor's same-sex marriage romance : Comments

By Ben-Peter Terpstra, published 15/6/2015

'They're obsessed, instead, by gay marriage....It's a legal document. It's a piece of symbolism. It might make some people feel better to have a marriage document but it really is a low order priority.'

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
'Runner, what do you think "sin" is? What makes something a "sin"? what are the elements of "repentance" and what is the purpose of repenting? I'm genuinely interested to hear your explanations.'

Big topic Craig

simply put sin is 'missing the mark'. God's design was always for us to love Him and love others.

'What makes something sin?' The things God declares wrong are sin. This is validated by our conscience.

Repentance is a change of mind which generally leads to a change of action. eg. instead of cursing the Lord Jesus Christ you worship Him, instead of living in fornication you admit its wrong and change your actions.

This is a very general answer to a huge topic.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 16 June 2015 9:34:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Runner, when has it been proved that a God actually 'told' any human what is right or wrong? Names and dates please.

Or could you actually mean that some mere humans 'told' other humans that a God 'spoke' to them?
Not the same thing at all.
Posted by Suseonline, Tuesday, 16 June 2015 3:16:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To make progeny
Man has sex, then homosex
Is an irony

The word marriage is used only to signify the wedding of a man and a woman. Same sex couples cannot marry but only have something like friendship agreement.
Posted by Ezhil, Tuesday, 16 June 2015 3:45:40 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Susie

'Runner, when has it been proved that a God actually 'told' any human what is right or wrong? Names and dates please.'

Don't foget Susie that your godless dogma does not allow for reason or commonsense. You are obviously totally spiritully blind. I take it you think you are capable of determining right or right?
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 16 June 2015 3:57:45 PM
Craig Minns:

“Phanto, I may wish to sign a contract to show my own good faith and my hope for the future success of the relationship. A symbol of my own total commitment to the enterprise of marriage.”

Why should the taxpayers help you do this? It is hardly an essential service that governments should be responsible for.

“I have no idea what you might do”

You don’t need to know what I might do. We are discussing principles and ideas not the personal preferences of individuals on the forum.
Posted by phanto, Tuesday, 16 June 2015 6:23:33 PM
//eg. instead of cursing the Lord Jesus Christ you worship Him, instead of living in fornication you admit its wrong and change your actions.//

More examples:

Instead of being Wrathful you are Patient, instead of being Proud you are Humble.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Tuesday, 16 June 2015 6:42:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All