The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Those were the criminal days > Comments

Those were the criminal days : Comments

By Duncan Graham, published 18/5/2015

Today the charge sheet would have read: Going armed in public to cause terror, discharging a firearm in a public place, having an unlicensed weapon, causing wilful damage to property, endangering life. and probably a few more.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
It is this sort of childish naivety that makes it impossible to convince so many people that there is a real problem and threat coming from terrorists and fundamental Muslims; that Islam is wageing war against us.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 18 May 2015 10:32:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What a macho little lad you were!

Did you ever stop to consider why you assumed you had some kind of dispensation to indulge in pursuits that might cause loss of life and limb to innocent people?

Or did you just assume that because you were male, that was your god-given right?

Spare me the self-righteous pontifications that in today's world, you would be deemed a terrorist. You were a troubled, angry young man who thought that violent weaponry was the solution to your personal problems.

Troubled young women of that time sought solace in being sexually provocative. That was equally stupid, but it didn't kill or main anyone.
Posted by Killarney, Tuesday, 19 May 2015 12:10:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I was given my air rifle at the age of 10. Even at that age I had enough sense not to fire it anywhere near houses, & definitely at anything with a house behind it.

I think it is a great pity you were not caught, & given a few months in reform school, it might have taught you, & some of your mates a bit of sense.

This is probably the first bit of writing which could make me agree with taking guns off people, at least those who live in towns.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 19 May 2015 9:53:49 AM
It didn't kill or maim anyone?

No but it did destroy many a family, and with that destruction destroyed many a career/future prospects/sentenced our best and brightest to a lifetime of mediocrity/post code poverty and their own broken relationships/time out in foster homes and orphanages/forever broken and scarred emotionally/precocious!

And somewhere in that old as time scenario is a sexually provocative (control freak) Female!?

Even so and as always, you sit in absolute judgement on what most would consider normal (frogs and snails and puppy dogs tails) alpha male curiosity!?

What would you have? Our little men to be (sugar and spice and everything nice) all little women?

Exchange particular to blokes comradrie/lifelong mateship, with almost obligatory backstabbing malicious spite/blame shifting/endless sexual innuendo peculiar to the female of the species? NO THANKS!

And how many of the single vehicle accidents excetera etc; that result in a fatality of a young man, were caused by a sexually provocative woman having a little harmless fun with a mere male's feelings!?

Which by the way, go far deeper than anything a fickle female is actually capable of?

Moreover, we then wonder why so many young men are choosing to remain single and forever uncommitted?

It must be such a comfort to know that you're just so perfect/superior/always right Killarney?

Just never ever fair or fair-minded!? Not the sort of quality one normally brings to the bench and judgement?

It's said that only around 10% of males are the wife beating/abusive brutes etc?

I suppose there's an unusually insensitive narcissistic foulmouthed female equivalent, and to be avoided at all costs, regardless of how sexually provocative and inviting she might be, when answering her own entirely selfish (buzz whir thank you sir) needs Killarney?
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Tuesday, 19 May 2015 10:00:22 AM
Rhrosty

Wow! I know from your posting history that your contempt for women is as boundless as your reverence for macho male war and weaponry.

But really! That last comment was completely over the top. Even for you.

But of course, according OLO gender dynamics (male-to-female commenting ratio about 7:1), I am the one who will stand accused of being fully deserving of your abusive, aggressive post because I ... (gasp) ... dared to criticise men's fascination with war and weaponry.

You also paint a ridiculously exaggerated scenario of the massive social destruction wreaked on the general population by promiscuous women. Of course, promiscuous men don't cause any social problems at all.

No, definitely not. After all, promiscuity in men is perfectly acceptable, normal and all part of a man's natural entitlement. Like war and weaponry.
Posted by Killarney, Tuesday, 19 May 2015 8:45:43 PM
I played with explosives (purchased and home-made) as a kid. I think the considerable sums of money that are spent on New Year's Eve fireworks is testament to the fact that even peaceful people like a loud, showy spectacle.

I don't think it is an exclusively male thing... and I don't think it's about war and violence, because I'm a pacifist.

I could pretend it was about scientific curiosity - but I think mostly I just liked them because they were loud, exciting and forbidden.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Tuesday, 19 May 2015 10:08:58 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy