The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Reclaiming citizenship > Comments

Reclaiming citizenship : Comments

By David Leyonhjelm, published 11/5/2015

However, the protestors make a dreadful mistake in viewing all Muslims as a group, represented either by violent Islamists or the conservative 'community leaders' that governments and the media persist in treating as spokesmen.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
David is right that we should not treat all Muslim groups the same. He does however need to get his head out of the sand and learn what Islam teaches. Most secularist misrepresent and don't know the Christian gospel so they have little chance of representing Islam.
Posted by runner, Monday, 11 May 2015 12:25:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes David, and can only add, after the ten years of exemplary drug and crime free cohabitation, outside any capital city or Ghetto, intending citizenship applicants should be able to produce no less than three third generation native born Australians as more than willing sponsors!

Who would have known them as genuine friends for not less than say ten years; similar to firearm licence applications, to affirm genuine integration (not assimilation) and a genuine respect for our laws, values, social mores and traditions, as outlined in some depth by you!

And applications and sponsors' stat dec's should be filled out and in good basic english and signed, in front of a confirming J.P. retired Judge or some such?

Said sponsors should all come from a different religious, cultural and ethnic disposition or diaspora to the applicant; if only to provide more convincing conformation of genuine rather than posed integration!

Citizenship should be something worked towards earned and therefore valued, not handed out like samples at some sort of supermarket product marketing exercise!

Those failing to accept citizenship under our conditions and within a reasonable time limit, (say 15 years) should be offered a one way return trip to whence they came as their deserved reward. And that could include those granted Permanent Residency?

As sometimes remarked, if it is better where you came from, then go back there!

Something which could be offered to some so called new Australians. Who indubitably remain intractably opposed to virtually everything we stand for or believe in?

We need none of the things David has so ably outlined as being both unwanted here and unaustralian, which surely has to include some of the ethnically pure Ghettos or enclaves, some of our non invitees have established!

New emigres should settle where they're told, and in rural or regional Australia, rather than big towns or capital cities, where they can disappear into this or that established Ghetto/morphological mass?
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Monday, 11 May 2015 12:33:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Brave Sir Rhrosty

But where you say "ten years of exemplary drug and crime free cohabitation," were would that place Rastafarians who smoke Ganja out of sincere religious belief. Behold this chappie https://youtu.be/S8tsRWuxkBY . Yeah maann!

Poyda
Posted by plantagenet, Monday, 11 May 2015 1:02:12 PM
Aidan,

Glad you got a laugh, even though you have a very strange sense of humour.

You clearly know as little about the matter as you know about economics. Consumers do pay extra, so you know nothing about business either.

I don't mind Muslims bankrolling their own organisations, but few non-Muslims, apart from you, would want to help them do it.

As for your reference to advertising on ACA & TDT, you've got me there. Perhaps you are using bogan-talk, with which I am not familiar, avoiding as I do lightweight sensationalists TV programmes. I find that I learn more from reading. Try it some time. You recently misread something a contributor said, and got a serve from him about; so, perhaps reading is not your thing.

Nevertheless, we still live in a democracy where we are supposed to have the freedom to think and say what we like. It's good that you are helping to preserve those rights by using them. I don't mind criticism in the least.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 11 May 2015 2:32:43 PM
Conservative Hippie,

"It would be nice if our Government could wake up to the unfairness of the current immigration policy applied to New Zealanders."

It would be nice indeed, especially as all and sundry, especially politicians have been on the ANZAC bandwagon, and will no doubt continue to ride it for the next few years.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 11 May 2015 3:13:13 PM
Sorry David. Accidentally replied in the thread on capital punishment and am not allowed to double up. My reply was full of praise and included some information about jizya and halal certification.
Posted by EmperorJulian, Tuesday, 12 May 2015 6:45:11 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy