The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > There’s always hope - brain tumour treatment breakthrough > Comments

There’s always hope - brain tumour treatment breakthrough : Comments

By Paul Russell, published 7/4/2015

This breakthrough ultimately says to the euthanasia and assisted suicide argument that changing the law based on one individual’s circumstances at one solitary point in history is a denial of hope.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
This is exactly what I've argued all along!

And even when the so called condition is seemingly incurable, those welded to hope and an optimistic view can and do overcome unbeatable odds and go into self created remission!

And never ever possible for the already self defeated, who have voluntarily given up all hope! Like the primitive who've had a witch doctor's bone pointed at them!

We all of us have a date with destiny that we just cannot avoid, even where we have all the gold in the world; and can buy almost anything; except a minute more than our allotted time!

Even so, around thirty pieces/ounces of silver can buy one a termination in some places! [Already approved Keratin is cheaper and seemingly more effective against depression!?]

And at odds with all the best principles of medicine, which is anchored on at least doing no harm, and mitigating against pain and suffering!

Some studies seem to suggest that inoperable tumors may respond to thalidomide, by shrinking? [Not to be taken while pregnant!]

Moreover, good medicine takes the deformity and pain out of both arthritis and or rheumatism.

And there seems to be good hope of a cure for aids in a combination of already approved leukemia and rheumatics medication!?

And the marine world has given us pain relief a thousand times more potent than pure heroin!

Who knows what tomorrow will bring; but particularly, if we just don't give up all hope!
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Tuesday, 7 April 2015 12:00:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ah, yes. "Hope springs eternal in a mother;s breast."
Christians hope to go to heaven when they die. We all live in hope, one way or another, but there comes a time when even with the best palliative care, pain becomes unbearable and life is not bearable anymore.
You people out there really do take the cake with your nonsense. Get in the real world. I just hope you don't suffer too much while you are waiting to die.
David
Posted by VK3AUU, Tuesday, 7 April 2015 1:22:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well David, with a painkiller a thousand times more potent than heroin in the palliative tool kit; thanks to marine science, nobody need actually suffer! Pain just isn't the bogeyman it used to be!

And projectile vomiting, followed by projectile diarrhea, followed hours of dry retching isn't fun either! Been there done that.

And if you'd had to tolerate the pain of multiple pulmonary embolisms, you might get a handle on real pain! Been there done that!

I've broken my back in five places, broken many bones leg/hip, arm, ribs, taken a bullet, shins damaged by flying shrapnel, been beaten senseless and into a coma, and had an ear very nearly severed, just to name some of the pain that pales into complete insignificance beside multiple P.E's!

So I have some sympathy for those in terrible mind numbing pain, but none whatsoever for the whimps who give up, with what amounts to a toothache in the tummy/a migrane or some such!

And whine all day and all night, while others with far worse to tolerate, just allow the nurse some time off of her feet, and just accept the painkiller dose when it's time for the next shot!

It is as simple as that and just separates the men from the boys, and the selfish whimps from the rest!

And it's just not old ladies crying out nurse, nurse every five minutes, but some old blokes too far gone in the head, to use a bottle or feed themselves!?

I mean, some very tough "men", faint at the sight of a needle!

And or, would sooner die than visit the dentist!

Even so, you remain free to travel to mexico and just buy yourself a lethal dose of medication.

Then put it in your medicine cabinet and use it when you've given up!

Just don't expect others to follow your lily livered example!

I mean what's not treatable today and a virtual death sentence, is tomorrow's medical breakthrough/miracle cure/restored quality of life!

Simply put, unattainable from the grave!
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Tuesday, 7 April 2015 6:49:39 PM
When I click on the article nothing comes up. However I do agree with Rhosty, this is precisely what he has been arguing all along. You seem to have an opinion on everything, however it is only when you delve into areas of my personal expertise, I recognize the sheer extent of your BS!
Posted by Stezza, Tuesday, 7 April 2015 10:53:34 PM
If hope itself is a reason to prevent end-of-life choice, then we should mandate all treatments for all diseases.

That's the logical end point of this arrogantly paternalistic article.
Posted by AyameTan, Monday, 27 April 2015 7:59:37 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy