The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > What does the nuclear lobby want, for South Australia? > Comments

What does the nuclear lobby want, for South Australia? : Comments

By Noel Wauchope, published 19/3/2015

The central premise of Oscar Archer's promotion of this nuclear chain of events is that Australia should go out on a limb – be the first country in the world to import nuclear wastes and to order a mass purchase of PRISM reactors.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
The proof is in the pudding, Money wasted on RET is money denied to the only real solution to GHGs emitted by fossil fuels, nuclear power.

A comment attached to the following article encapsulates the fundamental issue, "we need power, not energy" (power being the rate of energy production):

http://thebreakthrough.org/index.php/programs/energy-and-climate/germanys-green-energy-bust

Greens want to empty our resources for achieving something into a bottomless pit with no prospect of achieving carbon abatement, just a warm inner-glow.

I love trees as much as the next guy but at least I can still think. I'll vote for the party that advocates nuclear energy, Labor or LNP. Its getting too late to waste focus on matters of political colour.
Posted by Luciferase, Sunday, 29 March 2015 9:44:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy