The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Saving democracy from the extremists > Comments

Saving democracy from the extremists : Comments

By Junaid Cheema, published 25/2/2015

The publication had a very un-Australian affect on the readers - comments flooded the paper's social media site vilifying Muslims, promoting hate and creating divisions amongst Australians.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 37
  7. 38
  8. 39
  9. Page 40
  10. 41
  11. All
Loudmouth,

Do you mean that no woman (say) in her twenties or thirties can experience an extended period of time when she has no monthly courses? (few minutes with goolgle will give you enough information)

Be clear with your answer. No ‘yes and no’ stuff.

The verse under question refers to these women and prescribes an alternative time count to determine the ‘waiting period’.

And if it <<Sounds like child marriage>> to you, it is because you bend backward to see it that way. No sane mind can conclude what an Islamophobe like you sees here.

Culture of Arab society of the time is vividly recorded in history. So many westerner writers have written about them. Only you can imagine them marrying their children before their monthly courses start.

Loudmouth, you are in terrible need of real knowledge, because in absence of it you will remain what you are. Your choice!
Posted by NC, Friday, 13 March 2015 8:36:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
theHypocrisy,
"NC and McAdam - I admire your resolve..You haven't given up on these haters,...."
Thank you for the support, but
I just gave up on one, after finding out what he really stood for.

It's amazing that there are people who turn away from religion, mainly because of hatred it is alleged to preach and then they themselves become haters, like Hicks who mercilessly took three young lives of bright promising Muslim students. How unfortunate. How ironic. How weird.

The levels to which people can stoop, is mind boggling. Championing the cause of hatred, unmindful, that way of hatred is surely a loose- loose recipe.
But we keep the hoop alive that one day they will realize that it is not by hatred and shutting up but by engagement and communication that communal harmony can be achieved. We should hope that sanity will prevail over insanity as truth has always prevailed over falsehood.

At national level, Australia needs to rethink its policy of playing second fiddle to "Distant West". Current world crisis is unlike sending troops to Korea, Vietnam, Iraq or Afghanistan. It implies importing fire of dissection home.
Insulating home against hatred and maximizing communal dialogue and finding solutions to possible problems through engagement of all stake holders and consensus building is the answer. Harboring hatred and fanning dissection is disastrous. May Australia remain safe from it, amen.

Thanks again.
Posted by McAdam, Friday, 13 March 2015 9:31:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
>Cont

McAdam: "Racial hatred and not the religious hatred spreads discord & disharmony; is this what you are saying? Please state clearly, don't mince your words."

Did I say Racial? Well that does too as well as Religious hatred. Now if we can only get you moslems to stop hating anyone who is a Kuffar & refuses to convert that would be great. Don’t tell me you don’t. You have to. Well, it just says kill them. It really doesn’t say hate them.

It really sounds like you must hate living among all these Kaffars who don’t like your Political System masquerading as a Religion. Wouldn’t you feel better & safer back in your own country where you would be safe from corruption from us Kuffars? Sounds like a plan. Ay.

I took those quotes about Taqiya from an Islamic site answering a questions from a moslem about Taqiya. Now you tell me that the learned Scholar that answered that question for that moslem, who asked the question was lying to him. Wow!

McAdam: You have yet not mustered the courage to answer directly what I asked point blank "are you for spreading religious hatred?"

It must be a Cultural thing. That isn’t hate. It’s just reality.

Am I spreading hatred? “No.”

I have shown moslems Imams & noted Clerics spreading hatred though & you have called them imposters & liars & have refused to acknowledge they were spreading hate. Somewhat convenient don't you think.

I’ve asked you this before. No answer. “Do you consider an Secularphile to be an extremist who spreads hate against Non-Muslims?” Yes, or, No.

Please answer the other two Questions from previous Posts as well. Otherwise, by your silence,& refusal to answer my questions, you do agree with what I have stated in the previous Posts & you do believe that every refusal of a moslem demand is a call to War.
Posted by Jayb, Friday, 13 March 2015 10:25:44 PM
So McAdam, NC, CM, Hypo. It's looks like we'll be saving Democracy from you & your friends. See you at the Lindt Café some time.
Posted by Jayb, Sunday, 15 March 2015 7:42:31 AM
Deliberate Effort to Fan Disharmony?

Raising questions can result in improvement of knowledge, but pedaling raw doubts creates confusion. Doubts can always arise, but it is the responsibility of the person to try to dig out the truth first, rather than rushing to pass on the doubt. If the doubt is of defaming nature, the pedaler of such a doubt bears the liability of Tort. (In real life - not in pseudonym world, yet the intellectual honesty demands fair play on the Forum too)

One must process ones doubts first, by the step wise elimination of impossibles. Once all impossibles are eliminated, one is sure to reach the truth.
"Once you eliminate the impossible, what ever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth" (Arthur Conan Doyle)

Now let's see what has been happening on this forum, by examining one example. A person raises a question on Quran, yet does not read Quran and puts the burden of proof on others. Please see the debate about permission in Quran of divorcing non menstruating women. And the person immediately hurls allegation of child marriage on Quran. This ignorant and careless person does not invest a bit of time to eliminate the impossible first. He does not reflect first, on the possibility of existences of women of marriageable age, who do not menstruate , but rushes to the Forum with the question, clearly alleging Quran for permitting child marriage. Was it not the responsibility of this person to see the medical reality of of Amenorrhoea first? " Which is a symptom with many potential causes. Primary amenorrhoea(menstruation cycles never starting) may be caused by developmental problems such as the congenital absence of the uterus,....."

If the requisite spade work had been done first, the Forum would have been spared wasting time on a non issue.
Continued..
Posted by McAdam, Sunday, 15 March 2015 11:18:25 AM
Continues:-

This has been one example of many, of using falsehood to unleash slurs on Quran and Islam. What could be the motive of these people, other than creating and fanning inter faith hatred and mistrust?
How could a person in his right mind creat and fan hatred in the current volatile international environment? History tells us that hate resulted in Inquisition, Crusades, Holocaust, Apartheid, Balkans, Rwanda and Ferguson Missouri. If hate has brought misery where ever else it "was introduced", how could it be any different in case of Australia?
Who are these people, and what are their possible motives, who use provocative language and wish to kindle the fire of hatred in Australia? This is the point that Australians need to pon
Posted by McAdam, Sunday, 15 March 2015 11:23:20 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 37
  7. 38
  8. 39
  9. Page 40
  10. 41
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy