The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Exaggerating the terror genie: reflections on a fake sheik > Comments

Exaggerating the terror genie: reflections on a fake sheik : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 17/12/2014

While the Sydney holdup says absolutely nothing about a terror 'wave', it is being read as part of a current, with Australia being caught in it.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. Page 21
  10. 22
  11. All
My "There is no way that you can play the victim as well as some of OLO's leftist womyn who flip seemlessly between persecutor and victim."

should be,

"There is no way that you can play the victim as well as some of OLO's leftist womyn who flip SEAMLESSLY between persecutor and victim."
Posted by onthebeach, Sunday, 21 December 2014 9:29:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ms Gillard certainly still claims to be victim of naivety. She is demanding an apology. Emily's listers certainly have the hide of a rhinosceros. How to be perpetually the victim no matter how disgusting the behaviour.
Posted by runner, Sunday, 21 December 2014 10:57:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What of the two men accompanying Monis, and dressed like him, on his way to the cafe? I'm awaiting something to turn up on this, but nothing so far. He was in a relationship so I'm also awaiting something regarding the interrogation of his partner.

Understandably, this 'insane lone-wolf' narrative is authority grooming and calming the general population's response. The vast majority of Australian's are sensible enough not to see all Muslims as extremists, but also sensible enough to know we've just been jihaded by some who are.

The narrative relies heavily upon the actual event as evidence for insanity, but this was not a prior medical diagnosis. Some who encountered him did not find him to be deranged as much as intensely and tenaciously focused, demonstrable by his High Court challenge to the ruling on his poison letters, which opened flaws in our legal system and is discussed well here: https://theconversation.com/man-haron-moniss-poison-letters-split-the-high-court-and-laid-bare-a-flaw-in-the-system-35557
I would venture that medically, even after hypothetical conviction for his sexual misdemeanors and role in his wife's death, his sanity would not come into question. I would venture that an insanity plea on those charges would not be accepted by a court, whatever his prior form around town.

The insane lone-wolf narrative has no clothes. He was not insane, he was not alone.

At some point we will have to bite the bullet and look with complete honesty at this. We need moderate Muslims to have a formal commitment to rooting out the problem, and not just joining in outrage and hand-wringing with each atrocity, actual or thwarted. I think it should be now, while the iron is freshly hot and the sentiment is there.
Posted by Luciferase, Sunday, 21 December 2014 11:17:25 PM
seems like another 'lone wolf'shooting innocent police in new york.
Posted by runner, Sunday, 21 December 2014 11:41:11 PM
Runner, don’t forget the guy recently killed in France, attacking the police while yelling AllahuAkbar, which translated into English from the Amish Dutch, means “I hate hawaiian bars” or something like that. It can’t be anything to do with the religion of peace. Yes, the New York killer was a Muslim and left a message quoting the Quran. How surprising.

The so-called sheik might be a fake, but he isn’t alone. The “I’ll ride with you” is exposed as the child of the imagination of a liberal, multiculturalist young woman who sees Australia as racist and violent.

That campaign was based upon a phoney, made up event, as follows: “Confession time. In my Facebook status, I editorialised. She wasn’t sitting next to me. She was a bit away, towards the other end of the carriage…. She might not even be Muslim or she could have just been warm!”
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/how-illridewithyou-began-with-rachael-jacobs-experience-on-a-brisbane-train-20141216-128205.html

So the whole episode was imagined to make Muslims seem to be victims of hate and racism was made up, and Australians to be violent racists, and this even before the real victims were buried.

Being true is less important than pushing the “standard narrative” that the West in general is full of evil people that persecute all non-Whites or something. This narrative is promoted by government, clergy, the media, academia and of course, by minorities particularly Muslims, as well as foolish people that buy into that narrative without reflecting on simple facts.

Reminds me of the Rigoberta Menchu hoax. When she was exposed was a liar, her supporters invented the idea of “narrative truth”, which means that although most of the facts in her story were false (not ‘historical truth’) those things maybe happened to someone else, or could have happened. The same with the false rape stories in the US last week. Any accusation against whites, or males or Western cultures must be true!!

Luc, I didn’t know about the two men, but the guy’s Facebook, with its hate and violence, had 63,000 “likes”. What does that say about Muslims or stupid Australians?
Posted by kactuz, Monday, 22 December 2014 6:31:59 AM
Kactuz, since when has the truth mattered to the Left?
Julia's Empowered Writing Seminar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXJS9YyhBqM

Julia Horowitz is an assistant managing editor at The Cavalier Daily, the University of Virginia’s student newspaper. She claims that - 'to let fact checking define the narrative would be a huge mistake
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Monday, 22 December 2014 7:12:43 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. Page 21
  10. 22
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy