The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Islamic State: Pope calls for international consensus > Comments

Islamic State: Pope calls for international consensus : Comments

By David Singer, published 3/12/2014

A Papal plea made directly to China and Russia to join in drafting a resolution under Section 42 could just prove to be the catalyst to persuade these two recalcitrant nations into authorizing military action.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
"I never say all is lost, never. Maybe there cannot be a dialogue but you can never shut a door. It is difficult, one could say almost impossible, but the door is always open."

As charmingly content-free as the pronouncements of the Archbishop of Canterbury, and for mush the same reason.

"I repeat what I have said: when you want to stop an unjust oppressor, you must do so with international consensus."

Actually, no. The Afghanis did not need an international consensus to boot the french, russians, germans, americans and god knows who else from their lands. They fought.

The Irish did manage to come to terms with the english, I suspect mainly because the kids these days know that religion is nonsense. But I suppose that's not something the pope is likely to admit. And let's not forget that they threw off the yoke - all peace and smiles and goodwill - only after centuries of fighting.

Or is His Holiness implying that it is ISIS that is the "unjust oppressor" in this case? Risible, and not deserving of a reply. Doesn't pass the "laugh test".
Posted by PaulMurrayCbr, Wednesday, 3 December 2014 11:00:39 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy