The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Commemoration reticence > Comments

Commemoration reticence : Comments

By Peter Sellick, published 25/11/2014

It is significant that the idea of sacrifice is at the centre of memorialisation of war.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
Killarney I think that a percentage of OLO writers overreact to what is said, when in actual fact it is your own way of expressing what you say, what you actually stated had nothing to do with what Yuyutsu brought up in their post,which to me was stupid, still we are all different in how we think, keep up the writings it saves us from getting Altzheimers.
Posted by Ojnab, Friday, 28 November 2014 7:45:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I wish that we could reach the stage where those who profit from war are sent off to fight the war. I wonder if we would instantly have a lot fewer wars.
"War is a Racket" by Major General Smedley Butler sums things up quite well.
At the end of his military career he realized that he had spent most of his adult life increasing the number of millionaires in the USA.
Posted by askari, Monday, 1 December 2014 5:39:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy