The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Litany of failure > Comments

Litany of failure : Comments

By Amanda Gearing, published 5/11/2014

Yet when allegations were made against Waddington in 1999, 2003 and 2004, Archbishop Hope breached child protection policies 18 times.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
What can you say!?
Birds of a feather always flock together?
Like attracts like? Or actively support and protect each other?
Personally, I think there is a Prima Face case, for criminal prosecution of Hope, as knowingly aiding and abetting after the fact!?
Should that action be undertaken/prosecuted, even unsuccessfully?
Finally force other recalcitrant offender supporters, in positions of power; to at last do their sworn Christian duty, and render unto Caesar, that which is Caesar's!
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Wednesday, 5 November 2014 12:51:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Homosexual paedophiles seem to pose a greater problem than straight ones
if the number of alleged and proven cases is anything to go by.
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 5 November 2014 5:28:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Homosexual paedophile's?

What on earth has the adult sexual partners of paedophiles got to do with child sexual abuse Is Mise?

Has it been proven that paedophile priests have also had adult male lovers?
If so, what has that got to do with them sexually abusing children?

I always thought you were brighter than Runner, who continues to peddle the lies that gay men are more likely to be paedophiles.
There are no statistics to prove that at all.

Children are more likely to be sexually abused by adult male family members than they are by anyone else.
Posted by Suseonline, Wednesday, 5 November 2014 9:02:54 PM
Suse,

Homosexuals have sex with persons of the same gender, therefore adults who have sexual relations with children of the same sex as themselves are homosexual paedophiles.
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 5 November 2014 9:44:30 PM
Is Mise, if the ignorant claim you made was true, wouldn't we be hearing about lesbians sexually molesting little girls? We rarely see this at all.

Why not educate yourself:
http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/faculty_sites/rainbow/html/facts_molestation.html
Posted by Suseonline, Thursday, 6 November 2014 9:28:35 PM
Suse,

"Is Mise, if the ignorant claim you made was true, wouldn't we be hearing about lesbians sexually molesting little girls? We rarely see this at all.

Why not educate yourself:
http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/faculty_sites/rainbow/html/facts_molestation.html"

We do hear about Lesbians molesting little girls, as you said yourself above.
Your reference above has nothing to do with what I said,
which was that homosexuals who have sexual relations with same sex children are homosexual paedophiles; or don't you consider a person who has sexual relations with a child of the same sex to be a homosexual?
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 7 November 2014 8:08:55 AM
No I don't.
You didn't read the link at all Is Mise.
I think we will just have to agree to differ on this one.
Posted by Suseonline, Friday, 7 November 2014 10:10:30 AM
Suse,

You don't?

How quaint; then how would you describe a sexual act between males in NSW, when one is 18 years old and the other 15?
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 7 November 2014 11:01:33 AM
By Law, that is paedophilia if an adult has sex with a minor.
I would have thought you knew that? The 18 year old would end up with a criminal record, and be placed on the sex offenders register.

The same would happen if it was an 18 year old woman and 15 year old girl, or an 18 year old man and a 15 year old girl.

Homosexuality is between 2 consenting adults, and is not a crime.
Posted by Suseonline, Friday, 7 November 2014 8:47:59 PM
Suse,

Once again you shew a lack of comprehension.

"Homosexuality (from Ancient Greek ὁμός, meaning "same", and Latin sexus, meaning "sex") is romantic attraction, sexual attraction or sexual behavior between members of the same sex or gender. As a sexual orientation, homosexuality is "an enduring pattern of emotional, romantic, and/or sexual attractions" primarily or exclusively to people of the same sex. It "also refers to a person's sense of identity based on those attractions, related behaviors, and membership in a community of others who share those attractions."[1]

"Notes
1. "Sexual orientation, homosexuality and bisexuality". American Psychological Association. Archived from the original on August 8, 2013. Retrieved August 10, 2013."

A homosexual act is a sexual act between persons of the same gender and has nothing to do with consent, legallity or relative age.

Do you really think that there is no such a thing as homosexual rape?
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 8 November 2014 2:01:43 PM
What are you on about Is Mise?
I never said there was no such thing as homosexual rape, because of course there is, and it is illegal.

Whether you like it or not, homosexuality and paedophilia are not linked, any more than heterosexuals and paedophilia are linked.

Linking what is an illegal practice of having sex with children, and that of consenting same-sex adults having sex is a typical mad, archaic religious trend.

Why are you so concerned about what other consenting adults do in their bedrooms?
How does any of that life-style affect you?
Posted by Suseonline, Saturday, 8 November 2014 5:51:06 PM
Suse,

"Linking what is an illegal practice of having sex with children, and that of consenting same-sex adults having sex is a typical mad, archaic religious trend."

I quite agree but an adult having sexual activities with a child of the same sex against their will is paedophillia and is homosexual, ergo homosexual paedophillia.

What's your problem?
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 8 November 2014 6:26:11 PM
My problem is that you are ignoring the fact that there are plenty of male paedophiles ,who prefer little boys, who are NOT homosexual.

There is NO link between paedophilia and homosexuality.
If there was, we would not have any male paedophiles who prefer little girls.
Agreed?
Posted by Suseonline, Saturday, 8 November 2014 8:37:01 PM
Suse,

But they are homosexual, they have sex with persons of the same sex as themselves; that is the definition of a homosexual.
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 8 November 2014 8:49:43 PM
Is Mise, you are a lost cause.
Are you suggesting that those boys molested by paedophiles are homosexual, because by your definition they would be?

You and I both know what you think about homosexuality, so let's just stop here...
Posted by Suseonline, Sunday, 9 November 2014 2:17:48 AM
Suse,

"Are you suggesting that those boys molested by paedophiles are homosexual, because by your definition they would be?"

No I'm not as they are the unwilling victims, just as I don't suggest that victims of theft are thieves or that victims of rape are rapists.
There are some things that don't need to be spelled out except to the comprehensively challenged.

You really have no idea of my thoughts on homosexuals, I have one of the most prominent homosexuals in Australia among my acquaintances and he is a thorough gentleman.

I don't see what your problem is, unless it be lack of understanding of the written word.

What I wrote was "Homosexual paedophiles seem to pose a greater problem than straight ones if the number of alleged and proven cases is anything to go by".

This does seem to be the case as most of the reports are of men molesting boys as is the case in the article that we are discussing.

You seem to have a problem accepting that a man who performs a sexual act with a child of the same sex is not a homosexual, why is this?
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 9 November 2014 7:18:07 AM
Why not ask your gentleman homosexual good mate what he feels about your ignorant thoughts on paedophilia? Did you not read the link I posted re this issue Is Mise?

There is NO proof that homosexuals are more likely to be paedophiles than anyone else....in fact the opposite is true.

Many of the male paedophiles who prefer boys as their victims have never had sex with adult males and never wanted to, so are NOT homosexuals.

Paedophiles want sex with children and they are often not keen on sex with adults of either sexual orientation.
Why not educate yourself on these facts?
Look it up on non-religious sites...
Posted by Suseonline, Sunday, 9 November 2014 12:05:47 PM
Suso,

You are having trouble with English.

"Why not ask your gentleman homosexual good mate what he feels about your ignorant thoughts on paedophilia? "

I said that he is an acquaintance, that is somewhat different to 'good mate'.

"There is NO proof that homosexuals are more likely to be paedophiles than anyone else....in fact the opposite is true."

I agree.

"Many of the male paedophiles who prefer boys as their victims have never had sex with adult males and never wanted to, so are NOT homosexuals."

A man who engages in a sexual act with another male, regardless of the age of the other person is a homosexual.
Or, in your lexicon, do heterosexuals engage in homosexual acts?

"Paedophiles want sex with children and they are often not keen on sex with adults of either sexual orientation."

True again
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 9 November 2014 4:27:59 PM
As far as I am concerned Is Mise, paedophiles are a rotten breed of their own and don't really have the right to be called anything other than plain disgusting paedophiles.
Posted by Suseonline, Tuesday, 11 November 2014 1:11:17 AM
Suse,

Fair enough, but a man who engages in a sexual act with another male, regardless of the age of the other person is a homosexual.
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 11 November 2014 8:49:35 AM
O.K., Mise and Suse,enough of the bickering about homosexuality which has nothing at all to do with the topic of this article.

The main concern is that for decades priests, and not only Anglican priests, have been getting away with the kind of disgusting criminal behavior which would see anyone else thrown so far back in the slammer they would never see the light of day.

They got away with it by abusing the misguided trust the community placed in religious institutions and even today there are still some who refuse to acknowledge the reality or extent of this abuse.

Churches are no different from any other large corporation. Faced with accusations of wrongdoing their first priority was and still is to preserve the institution's reputation and shield it from the legal sanctions and public contempt it deserves

It is high time we stopped pussyfooting around with these people. The law in Australia is closing in on them via a Royal Commission but the law alone cannot do all that needs to be done.

People of all walks of life need to wake up to the fact that religion is a massive fraud. We are more than capable of knowing right from wrong without "guidance" from men claiming to represent mythical supreme beings. Let us consign these bloated anachronistic institutions to history's rubbish bin where all such superstition belongs.
Posted by madmick, Friday, 14 November 2014 10:33:39 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy