The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Delusional victory holds the promise of change > Comments

Delusional victory holds the promise of change : Comments

By Alon Ben-Meir, published 31/10/2014

It should first be noted that while they deny each other's right to exist, the fact that they are negotiating, albeit indirectly, amounts to a de facto recognition of each other's reality and certain prerogatives.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
So what!
What we need to see here is action, not another talk feast and endless broken promises, or verbal agreements not worth the paper they're written on!
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Friday, 31 October 2014 9:18:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
We are not going to see any solutions while Netanyahu encourages his Zionist mates to continue to build illegal settlements on the West Bank.

David
Posted by VK3AUU, Friday, 31 October 2014 9:54:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Rhrosty,

<<What we need to see here is action, not another talk feast>>

Your needs are not and will not be taken into account: Israel and Hamas will do what's good for themselves, rather than what's good for you.

If there's going to be action, as some action is likely occurring already, then it would remain hidden and not be publicised for quite a while: the people of the Middle-East have more urgent cares than supplying news-items to assuage your boredom.

---

Dear David,

It seems that you are unaware of the internal political situation in Israel. Netanyahu is hounded by his Zionist mates, both within his own party and in his right-wing coalition, not vice versa. If it was up to him, then he would be delighted for the rockets to fall on his rival's heads so he could stop all settlement-building activities.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 31 October 2014 2:55:33 PM
Yuyustu. I was definitely not referring to my needs, nor am I the right royal we; as in we are not amused.
I'm sorry, but the bare unadorned truth can sometimes hurt or extract an emotive and aggressive reaction; and never my real goal!
Even so, any reasonable man may well have assumed I was speaking for a thoroughly disheartened world; which surely is sick and tired of all the endless agreements followed by endless broken promises and billions in aid being diverted and returned as rockets, suicide vests, bombs and bullets. Enough already.
And if you think that's become bloody boring you could be right, save the cost over the decades, of human life and tremendously traumatized tiny tots!
What will these kids grow up to be?
Outraged murderous miscreants, emotionally crippled to the point, where all reason has vanished and the only thing they care about; is killing as many as they can, before merciful death ends their mentally crippling psychological pain!?
Which you of all people should as least care about; on all counts!
News to assuage my boredom!? How dare you judge me by your own patently flawed standards!?
I sincerely hope that you are never asked to do any of the negotiating!
I mean, with your quite arrogant attitude, and the verbal, as evidenced in your remarks, the only outcome would be; the sands of the Middle East turned into a sea of molten glass!?
That said set aside, I truly hope that you're right, and some agreement that everyone can live with is being finally hammered out!?
The problem with secret agreements is, fundamentalists on both sides are now so consumed with hate and mindless blood lust, they may never agree to anything, no matter how rational, or majority agreement; and just carry on as before, trying each one to exterminate the other; until there is nothing left to negotiate over!?
The sands in the hourglass of history always eventually run out, along with the time and patience they measure! (Rhrosty)
You have a very nice day now, y'hear.
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Saturday, 1 November 2014 9:19:04 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy