The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Muslims must engage with Islamic ideas that give rise to terrorism > Comments

Muslims must engage with Islamic ideas that give rise to terrorism : Comments

By Tanveer Ahmed, published 9/10/2014

Those Muslims who cry Islamophobia repeatedly when asked about terrorism and Islam do themselves a disservice by not ­engaging with the ideas inherent in Islam that might lend themselves to actions of violent ­confrontation.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All
Phanto, a most interesting and thoughtful post, I will cogitation on that one for a while. I would hesitate to parallel your "You cannot dialogue with Muslims." with the same problem encountered with Hasbeens' "ratbag greenie do gooders" or it would take us waaaaay off topic. Tanveer, it would be good to hear your thoughts on an Idependant Kurdish state, your article makes an awfull lot of sense to me.
Tally, I fully concurr with your post.
Posted by Prompete, Thursday, 9 October 2014 5:01:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Here's another perspective for anyone interested:

http://www.newmatilda.com/2014/10/09/pol-pot-isis-anything-flies-everything-moves

It's always good to broaden our outlooks and view things
from various perspectives. To look critically at
motivations, circumstances, context, or any other
such considerations, of course this makes the product unacceptable
for one or another camp of readers.

But it's worth a shot to try and broaden the discussion.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 9 October 2014 5:43:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I must say Tanveer's previous OLO article of a few months back - the one about road rage being a feminist issue - at least showed some imagination.

Now he's telling us that Islam has ... ahem ... aspects to it that make it ... (gasp!) ... dangerous! Now, Tanveer. That's is a very dog-eared hymnbook you're singing from and you should put some Dettol on those gravel-rashed knees of yours.

You see ... it goes like this. You have a bunch of countries that share a certain religion, and over a couple of decades, that bunch of countries keeps getting the crap bombed out of it by another bunch of countries that share another certain religion. So, the former bunch of countries is going to develop some pretty dangerous and angry thoughts about the latter bunch of countries.

So, the latter bunch of countries will smugly nod and say that all that dangerous and angry stuff coming from the former bunch of countries is all because they've got a dangerous and angry religion.

And of course, the latter bunch of countries CAN say that because they've got thousands more bombs to drop on the former bunch of countries. In fact, the latter bunch of countries have so got so many thousands of bombs to drop, they can SAY and DO whatever they like.
Posted by Killarney, Thursday, 9 October 2014 7:06:33 PM
I would not expect the truth to suit your narrative Killarney. Easy to see you coming to wrong conclusions.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 9 October 2014 7:21:37 PM
runner

Well, if you've got plenty of bombs to drop, the truth doesn't really matter, does it?
Posted by Killarney, Thursday, 9 October 2014 8:12:25 PM
Tanveer ,extreme Islam has been promoted by our Western Oligarchs to subjugate us. They demonise extreme Islam on one hand and finance it on the other.
Posted by Arjay, Thursday, 9 October 2014 8:16:49 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All