The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A nation of victims > Comments

A nation of victims : Comments

By David Leyonhjelm, published 24/9/2014

What we don't have is the practical ability to exercise that right to self-defence.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Individual has to pretend being on the wrong end of a bullet means you’re a criminal.
Emperor Julian,
In that case in Melbourne the criminal was at the right end of the gun, in case you hadn't noticed.
If you want to find odd incidents to support an argument you can always find something. We're talking about the common good here for our future.
I have been a victim of severe theft & I know what it feels like to be let down by the likes of you. Believe me it doesn't feel good at all. You're not a Magistrate by any chance ?
Posted by individual, Thursday, 25 September 2014 8:16:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ave! Julian.

"Is Mise starts the ball rolling by asking about disarming the law abiding...."
No, I didn't I asked how you were going to disarm the criminals,
so do tell.
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 25 September 2014 10:45:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Julian
So you approve of predators shooting slaves, and the stronger and more aggressive exploiting the weaker?
Posted by Jardine K. Jardine, Friday, 26 September 2014 11:48:35 AM
My post of 5:33:39 PM 25/09 has brought some responses from the usual suspects.

Individual cites one case in which a criminal got what was coming to him. At the hands of the state, note. This doesn’t mean everyone at the wrong end of a bullet is a criminal as he has assumed. (Quoting: “A gun would dispose of a problem human i.e. criminal for good. Capsicum spray will not ! Where is the problem ??) It was stabbing two cops, not getting shot, that identified the Moslem as a criminal. The kids shot dead at Sandy Hook by the US Slave Owners’ Amendment weren’t criminals though Individual has implied getting shot made them such. They weren’t criminals visiting Port Arthur either. Perhaps the Port Arthur tourists were “Lefties”?

JKJ asks: “So you approve of predators shooting slaves, and the stronger and more aggressive exploiting the weaker?” No, the state should be armed to shoot predators. The cop in Melbourne did. Predators should not be armed as the gunnies would allow and as American gun laws do.

Is Mise asks how the criminals are going to be disarmed. Answer is in my Paragraph 2 5:33:39 PM.

I’ve a question in return: How does loosening gun laws avoid arming the criminals? Indeed, with Moslem supremacists on the warpath how does it stop them tooling up with AK47s?
Posted by EmperorJulian, Friday, 26 September 2014 1:05:29 PM
Ave! Imperator,

Your method of disarming the criminals is a possible result of catching, convicting and incarcerating them.
It does not disarm them before they are caught, therefore it is not in the same category as disarming the law-abiding.

So you will have to do better than that, I want to know how you propose to disarm the criminals before they can do any harm.
I do suppose that you intend to disarm them bfore disarming the law-abiding, you wouldn't want to leave innocent people even more open to attack by armed criminals, would you?

Criminals and terrorists will always be able to get firearms, they can make their own.
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 26 September 2014 2:18:32 PM
Is Mise, I am an innocent person and don’t want criminals armed by lax gun laws to shoot me. I would find owning a gun little comfort as the criminal, being in nature the aggressor, would have the drop on me. And on you too. Even Morgan and Virgil Earp were gunned down when the bad guys got the drop on them.

John Howard made a great inroad into the lax gun laws in Australia – the whole story with details of how the laws work is told at http://www.loc.gov/law/help/firearms-control/australia.php The “usual suspects”, are busting to remove those restraints from criminals including, now, Moslem jihadists.

In answer to Is Mise’s question of how I would disarm the criminals before disarming the innocent, I wouldn’t even try. Howard disarmed all owners of many types of gun simultaneously, to the screaming fury of the trigger-fingered brigade, so first up I’d resist their increasingly shrill demands to bring back the rule of the gun. To stamp out the embers I’d implement the measures suggested in Paragraph 2 at 5:33:39 PM yesterday September 25 .
Posted by EmperorJulian, Friday, 26 September 2014 4:54:24 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy