The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > 'Don't write crap': the Gillard government and historical revisionism > Comments

'Don't write crap': the Gillard government and historical revisionism : Comments

By Alexander Morgan, published 22/9/2014

Will these histories, along with future academic texts, be kinder to Gillard than the Australian population was during her three years and three days in power?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
I like what Michael Kroger once said when comparing Whitlam with Gillard/Ruud, 'Whitlam may have been a distaster but at least he believed in something. This mob don't believe in anything.' I have to admit, I never thought I'd see such crass opportunistic government in Australia. I thought that sort of thing only happened in third world tin pot dictatorships. When Rudd was elected, who could have predicted that Labor would trash our political system and spend our children's inheritance so comprehensively and then have so little to show for it.
Kim Beasely Snr's comment about modern Labor being filled with the dregs of the middle class comes to mind. If only we were so lucky. Kroger was right. Narcisstic, nihilistic, opportunists is more to the point.
Posted by dane, Tuesday, 23 September 2014 4:47:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
LOL!...

Never fear, you guys.

When Abbott finally hangs up his cape, his spandex budgies and his fake tan - future historians will eventually be able to decipher the monogram secretly embroidered in the corner of his mask.

"SB" stands for "Stunt Boy"

(At least Batman was a satire - unfortunately for us, Abbott's posturing is for real)
Posted by Poirot, Tuesday, 23 September 2014 8:05:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
u don't surprise Poirot with your obbessive abbottphobia.

ps the article is on Gillard not Abbott.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 23 September 2014 11:59:54 AM
"Government effectiveness is measured by opinion polls and elections but these don't really reveal anything specific. Good indicators of a working government are public health and economy. However, both of these indicators are not entirely under the influence of the government.

One way to evaluate a government's effectiveness is looking at legislation. Legislation provides a good quantitative measure of a government's performance along with the political party and prime minister. A politician who passes a lot of laws may be considered to be doing his or her job well".

On this measure, Gillard passed more legislation than any other PM.

This was despite a hung Parliament, constant personal attacks and the most hostile and distorted media since Murdoch's personal vendetta against Whitlam.

Abbott's performance will be seen as little more than a series of lies, broken promises and stunts.
Posted by wobbles, Thursday, 25 September 2014 12:01:13 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy