The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Ebola rules > Comments

Ebola rules : Comments

By Peter Curson, published 18/9/2014

But if we just ignore all this will ebola simply follow the 'epidemic curve' and eventually burn itself out?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
These epidemics have been around for millenia. The locals just shut down their village and allow no one in or out until the disease burns itself out. Check out the book "The Hot Zone" they could not even find out how this disease starts.
We can go in there and probably make it worse. I can see the point of a vaccine but again they do not know what vectors carry it and how it is spread.
Re-read what Eisenhauer said after warning about the Military Industrial complex. He warned about "research"!
Posted by JBowyer, Thursday, 18 September 2014 8:21:54 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If humanity keeps pursuing this out of control breeding program then we can look forward to many more of these types of calamities.
The human cost may well be severe but the rest of our fellow animal species will be a lot better off.
Posted by ateday, Thursday, 18 September 2014 9:09:01 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The solution is simple, just walk away and leave the Africans to deal with it or die.
They breed like rabbits, refuse education and medical help, their entire society is corrupt beyond repair and violence and crime is endemic, so it rather begs the question...why are WE bothering?
As far as I can see anything that reduces their population and breaks down the existing system is a GOOD thing, let it RUN!
It's never going to be an epidemic in the First World, WE have the intelligence and systems to cope effectively with it, so WHY are we trying to prop up places that simply DON'T and to all appearances, don't WANT them either?
It's called.."Tough Love", and the whole world would be better off with more of it!
Posted by G'dayBruce, Thursday, 18 September 2014 10:57:14 AM
Ebola Curve?
Eventual self termination? [Like the last one? That went well didn't it?]
Or, like say, Smallpox/Polio/Malaria/Aids, the latter by the way, is also spread by shared body fluids, like semen, spittle and blood!? (Shared needles and sex?)
Diseases like Dengue fever, Encephalitis, Blackwater/Ross river fever, and many others are spread by mosquitoes? (Shared biological needles?)
And we also know some of these can also be spread by anything that makes contact with the patient, i.e., Smallpox, unless inoculated.
I think those in charge of ridding this menace from the planet, need to embark on a serious, U.N. funded inoculation program!
So what if what's available is still experimental.
The do no harm evocation is completely quashed by the serious terminal harm already being done by this deadly disease, and often terminal in just days, for those unfortunately affected by this terrible murderous menace!
And if it were your spouse/sweetheart, mother, father, brother, sister or kids/grand kids?
Oh, just let the curve take care of them! They really only matter to a miserable powerless few!
Let them also join the self terminating curve?
A curve ending with a completely depopulated planet perhaps?
Great advice and well done!
Written, recommended and approved by none other than Mr R soul himself, that well known principle green advocate, and depopulation proponent/theorist!
Rhrosty.

P.S. Now if Ebola,(bleeding from every orifice/internal hemorrhaging) were wiping out worshiped whales? We'ed likely be advised to commit our total treasury!?
Posted by Rhrosty, Thursday, 18 September 2014 11:58:16 AM
Descriptions of plague epidemics (Yersinia pestis) come to mind.
The Black Death (1348-61), the Great Plague of London (1665), all these events were associated with panic, fleeing populations and followed by reduction in manpower and consequence of political upheaval such as the (peasants revolt).

In fact in medieval times Bubonic plague may have been endemic in several communities and at times braking out into pandemics. Tom Holland attributes one of the several reasons for the march of Islam in the 7th century to plague reducing the population of both the Eastern Roman empire and its rival Persian Empire.

At these historic times the doctors had no idea of the causation of the disease, nor for that matter did the clergy. I can recall pictures of seventeenth century physicians dressing in clothing that covered their whole body and carrying bunches of flowers to protect themselves from the pestilence.

The bubonic plague was as much a mystery to people living past centuries as Ebola must be for many in Africa today. Thus public education is one of the important control measures advocated by WHO.
Posted by anti-green, Thursday, 18 September 2014 12:29:26 PM
Dear fellow peers, you may not be intrested in what I have to say but I just want to give my fellow nation who have been victims of the EBOLA disease a big prayer but I also feel like we have been blinded and misguided with the whole problem.
If you have family then there is a clue on how bad the effect is, sometime we feel no pain but you also need to understand there is hell on earth.
try support as much as you can and just try understand but dont damage your mind because the mental virus may be given to you.
thankyou if you gave this a chance to read, dont also forget about the other effects that dont spark in our hearts.
Posted by PueleLUKA(nothing but the truth), Thursday, 18 September 2014 8:22:44 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy