The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Breaking the last taboo: Gaza and the threat of world war > Comments

Breaking the last taboo: Gaza and the threat of world war : Comments

By John Pilger, published 12/9/2014

The attack on Gaza was an attack on all of us. The siege of Gaza is a siege of all of us. The denial of justice to Palestinians is a symptom of much of humanity under siege.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Foxy: If you want to take part in serious discussions.

If you can't be serious, I don't see why I have to be.

Foxy: Google the information and you would have found out that the only countries less popular than Israel are - North Korea, Pakistan, and Iran.

Less popular for what exactly? Tourism? Islamic pilgrimage? IQ's, Universities? Freedoms?

I couldn't see Iraq/Syria being very popular at the moment unless you want to fight for ISIL/S. The new Country, Islamic Caliphate, ISIL/S does seem to be very popular with armed islamic extremists of the worst kind, some 30000 of them at the moment, of course when they get cherry picked they'll all turn into "innocent civilians," just like the members of Hamas that got killed were. Like the dead ones under the sheets that miraculously came back to life. Hupppppth!

I like Israel, they're getting rid of that scum of the Earth, Hamas, that's gotta count for som'tin'.
Posted by Jayb, Sunday, 14 September 2014 5:38:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Roberts: Millions of Muslims have paid for this lie with their lives, the destruction of their families, and with their dislocation.

The American forces only accounted for a small number of War dear moslems. the millions he talks about were killed & are still being killed by fellow moslems not Americans.

Conspiracy theorists abound everywhere. But I have to admit that when I saw the Towers come down that day I was very suspicious of the was they fell, myself. OK. The same with Dianna, when she died. I rang a mate immediately I heard & said, "she's been done in." He said looks like it"," OH! he was in that type of employ for the British Government before emigrating to Australia. His exploits, going back to the Suez & make James Bond look like a pussy. Strangely, he looks like Sean Connery too.

There is not a Government on Earth that doesn't lie to it's people. Something I am familiar with in some aspects. You only have to look at our successive Governments over the last 50 years that I've been voting. That's just .5% of the tip of the iceberg. Believe me you are better off not knowing what goes on behind closed doors. You would slit your wrists.

If you want to pick a type of Government to live under which would you choose, An Australian, British, American or Islamic Government. Pick on & let me know. You won't of course, will you?
Posted by Jayb, Sunday, 14 September 2014 6:05:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Jayb,

Not exactly what one would or could call constructive
criticism or an intelligent reasoned response.

You've proven my point.

Thank You.

I think we all get you (to be sure).
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 14 September 2014 8:23:17 PM
Just because something isn't a lie does not mean it isn't deceptive. A liar knows he is a liar, but one who speaks more portions of truth in order to deceive, is a craftsman of destruction". Cris Jami.
"A half- truth is the most cowardly of lies". Mark Twain.
"The only thing more frustrating than slanderers is those foolish enough to listen to them". Cris Jami.
John Pilger presents himself as a multi award winning journalist, but the only tenuous connection this article has to journalism, is that it was printed in a journal. There is no ethical journalistic commitment to presenting both sides of the story. Nor is there even a token attempt at maintaining a semblance of objectivity. This is not an opinion piece, it is a diatribe.
Paper, whether it is in the form of hard copy, or the electronic screen, has no minimum standards, it absorbs everything - even slander and unsubstantiated accusations - not to mention misrepresentations and lies. John Pilger knows this and exploits it to the full.
But enough of that. I do not believe in personal attacks. They fulfill no purpose and are often the last resort when one cannot present a suitable argument. I think the best way to deal with this particular purveyor of hate and bigotry is to expose his sophistry, how he twists the facts to suit his convictions and presents them as an eternal truth. To discredit a "journalist" of this self- proclaimed fame, will do more damage to his credibility than calling him a liar and a hypocrite (to be continued)
Posted by VivienneM, Sunday, 21 September 2014 12:35:09 PM
"The attack on Gaza was an attack on all of us. The siege on Gaza is a siege of all of us". Such poignant identification with the innocent victim, right? It sure is a pity that the writer forgot to mention that the attack on Gaza followed the kidnapping and brutal murder of three unarmed, innocent teenagers by Hamas operatives. The fact that for two weeks, Israeli civilian citizens in the south were subjected to rocket bombardment after bombardment, from Gaza, 185 in all ( and 4762 over the following two months) - all into Israel's internationally recognized borders, is not important to him. He presents the case as if Operation Protective edge was an uncalled for act of aggression. For every other country in the world, having 185 rockets fired on its civilians is casus belli. For Israel, its response was an unjustifiable act of aggression. But to mention that fact doesn't do his op-ed much good, so he chooses to omit it.
"The denial of justice to Palestinians is a symbol of much of humanity..." The writer "forgets" to note that the call for justice for the Palestinians has a sinister addendum: genocide and the destruction of Israel. You see, for the Palestinians, "justice" is a Palestine from the river to the sea. ie. From the Jordan River to the Mediterranean Sea. How much place does that leave for Israel? Not much, I think. What will become of the Jews living there at the moment? Good question. One which Mr. Pilger chooses not to even address, let alone answer.
"Nothing has changed since the Zionists' infamous “Plan D” in 1948 that ethnically cleansed an entire people". I call on Mr. Pilger to substantiate this irresponsible claim. "Ethnic cleansing", as in genocide? Firstly, he uses the past tense. I challenge him to prove this claim that this happened at all. Now here are some facts: At the end of the War of Independence, there remained in Israel 550,000 Arabs. (to be continued)
Posted by VivienneM, Sunday, 21 September 2014 12:39:23 PM
If there was any truth about "Plan D", as the writer claims, why were they not dealt with and ethnically cleansed, then? In Israel today, not including the West Bank and Gaza, there live 2.5 million Arabs, the vast majority of whom are Muslims. (to be continued) You can do your own math as to the effectiveness of Israel's ethnic cleansing "program". How come are they still alive, if Israel is intent on ethnic cleansing? How is it that these targets for ethnic cleansing have risen to the status of High Court judges, senior civil servants of government offices, heads of Departments at Israeli universities and hospitals? Not to mention 12 members of the society targeted for ethnic cleansing, sitting in Israel's parliament. Some are so vociferously and vocally critical of Israel, that in other countries they would be thrown out from the scruff of their necks. Now, let's turn to the Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza: There are currently 4.4 million. Gaza has the highest birth rate in the world, 2.9% per annum. That is almost 1/3 higher than before 1967. Does that sound like effective ethnic cleansing to you? Israel has the strongest army in the region, with the most effective statistics in the use of its weapons. Are you telling me that if Israel really wanted to ethnically cleanse the Palestinians, it could not do so?

Now let us turn our attention, just for a minute, to the results of REAL ethnic cleansing: In the Rwanda conflict between 800,000 to one million Tutsi died, in the space of 8 years. In Bosnia, 100,000 Muslims were murdered within 3 years. In the Second World War, about 6000,000 Jews perished in the Death Camps in the space of 6 years, 52% of the total Jewish population in Europe. THAT, dear readers, is genocide – or ethnic cleansing. (to be continued)
Posted by VivienneM, Sunday, 21 September 2014 12:41:38 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy