The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Gaza: Australian politicians duped by dud declaration > Comments

Gaza: Australian politicians duped by dud declaration : Comments

By David Singer, published 27/8/2014

Seventy-two out of a possible 598 federal and state politicians have signed which attests to the savvy political acumen of those 526 who have refused to be duped by this dud declaration.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Nobody is saying that Israel shouldn't defend itself. What most of the sane world disagree with is that when 1 guy commits a crime, his whole family, his neighbors, and his friends also bear the brunt of the punishment.

I was in England in the late 80/early 90s when the IRA had its own little bombing campaign. I certainly don't remember apartment blocks being leveled or homes being bulldozed or the military shelling schools and hospitals. I might have been a kid back then but I never heard British MPs calling for the mothers of the bombers to be killed either. I can't tell which side is worse.
Posted by nowhereman, Wednesday, 27 August 2014 10:25:15 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I agree with Singer that Australian politicians are easily duped.

They've been duped for years by the Jewish Lobby into thinking that Israel is innocent of land-stealing, war crimes, genocide, torture, the assassination of Palestinian kids, collective punishment, massacres, deprivation of liberty, killing of protestors including running them down with bulldozers (Rachel Corrie), using phosphorous munitions, the torture of Palestinian children, the starving of the Palestinian population, the withholding of medicines, etc, etc.

Australian politicians, like their American counterparts, seem brain-dead where Israel is concerned.

Israel should've been punished for its many war crimes long ago but don't tell Australian politicians! They don't want to know!
Posted by David G, Wednesday, 27 August 2014 10:54:46 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I strongly recommend the following link for Alan Hart's perspective on the situation in Israel/Palestine, and how it will develop if international Jewry doesn't wake up:
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article39509.htm
As for Australian pollies being duped, aside from David G's accurate statements above, consider how they were willing duped over the matter of the downing of the Malaysian airliner over eastern Ukraine. Having followed the Yankees into sanctioning Russia for something it is far from clear the Russians had anything to do with, now comes the blow-back which will affect our trade. Stupid, stupid, as the countries in the EU are now acknowledging.
Posted by halduell, Wednesday, 27 August 2014 11:52:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm just so glad that a permanent cease fire has been successfully negotiated!
Hopefully this one will hold, at least until Arabs outnumber Jews at the Israeli ballot box!
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Wednesday, 27 August 2014 6:11:08 PM
The site provided by Singer for his article has a great resource link to the Federal Parliament members.

http://www.aph.gov.au/Senators_and_Members/Parliamentarian_Search_Results?q=&mem=1&sen=1&par=-1&gen=0&ps=100&st=1

I have already used it to send my local member a request to add their signature to the petition and encourage others to do the same. I have also contacted my state's senators.

I keep forgetting to post a link to B'Tselem - The Israeli Information Center for Human Rights in the Occupied Territories. It does really important work and putting a link in a thread like this will help them rise up search engine rankings. This is not the only way I support them but every little bit helps.
http://www.btselem.org/

They are working to document testimonials of those impacted by the slaughter. This one was from an ambulance driver who recounts attacks that killed a paramedic and injured team sent to rescue him.

Quote;

On Friday afternoon, 25 July 2014, I was working at the medical emergency call center in Beit Hanoun. At around 4:30 P.M., we received a call reporting injured people in al-Masriyin Street in Beit Hanoun. We asked the International Red Cross to coordinate our going there. About 15 minutes after we received the call, we got authorization and an ambulance headed over there with paramedics 'Aaed al-Bura'i, 25, Hatem Shahin, 38, and driver Jawad Bdeir, 52. The team didn't make it to the wounded people. Soon after they reached the street, they reported back that a tank had fired at them and they were injured. They asked for another team to come and rescue them.
The call center coordinated the arrival of another team with the International Red Cross and got authorization to go rescue the injured team. I drove the second ambulance, and there were two medics with me – Muhammad Harb, 31, and Yusri al-Masri, 54. The street is only about 200-300 meters from the call center, so we were there within minutes. When we reached the entrance to the street, we were surprised to see three tanks and a military bulldozer in the street, about 100 meters away.

Cont...
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 27 August 2014 10:23:12 PM
Cont...

Suddenly, with no warning, they opened heavy machine-gun fire at us. The bullets penetrated the ambulance. I tried to turn the ambulance around to get out of there, but the steering wheel must have been hit. Suddenly, I felt sharp pain in my leg and realized I'd been hit by a bullet or shrapnel. Then the windshield shattered. Because I couldn't turn the ambulance around, I decided to try reversing. They kept firing as I backed up, until we got far enough away. When they stopped, I managed to turn us around and head back to the center.
On the way there we met Hatem Shahin, one of the paramedics from the first ambulance. He'd been hit by shrapnel in his shoulder and leg. He told us that a shell fired from a tank had hit the front part of the ambulance. He said he'd managed to get away but the other paramedic, ‘Aaed, had been hit. He told us that after he ran away from there, he saw the tank fire another shell at the ambulance, completely destroying it. He thought ‘Aaed must have been killed, but we didn't know for sure.

End quote.

http://www.btselem.org/testimonies/20140727_gaza_ambulance_driver_rami_ali
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 27 August 2014 10:23:48 PM
The Australian Labor Party once represented working class Australians and the disadvantaged, and it reflected the views of these two demographics. The overwhelming majority of these demographics supported Israel, and they did not want a bar of multiculturalism. Labor Prime Minister Bob Hawk was a very ardent supporter of Israel, and he still is.

But Labor had a very serious problem.

Rising prosperity and aspirational working class people who were upwardly mobile, meant that people's voting preferences were changing. People were becoming more liberal in their views and therefore voting for the Libral Party. What Labor needed was a new voting base and Labor under Hawk became ardent supporters of multiculturalism, much to the horror of their reamaining working class supporters.

What Labor desperately needed was a large pool of dysfunctional voters who were forever welfare dependent and who could be guaranteed to always vote Labor in order to keep the welfare money flowing into their pockets. The aboriginal vote was already in the bag, and the new Muslim voting demographic conformed to that need rather admirably.

Labor switched sides on Israel because it's power base resides in once working class suburbs, now Muslim suburbs, from which the Labor working class is either fleeing or has fled in terror of the Muslims. It is laughable that so many OLO supporters of terrorists talk about "the Jewish lobby" when Labor is in the grip of "the Muslim lobby." Only last month, Muslim leaders, aware of their power over the Labor Party, threatened to withdraw electoral support from Labor unless they did more to help the Muslims exterminate the Jewish race in Palestine.

Right on cue, Labor politicians and the Greens (who also cherish the Muslim vote) started frothing at the mouth in self righteous indignation at the violence in Israel/Palestine and blaming it on the nasty Joos. The truth was that there were a lot more welfare dependent Muslims in Australia who could out vote the Joos, who voted for the Liberal Party anyway.
Posted by LEGO, Thursday, 28 August 2014 4:22:31 AM
#Nowhereman

Bet you never heard the IRA threatening to wipe Great Britain off the face of the earth or the IRA firing 6000 rockets indiscriminately into British civilian population centers.

If you can't tell who is worse you must be deaf, dumb and blind.

Listen to this Imam
http://www.memritv.org/embedded_player/thumbRequest.php?clip_id=4376

#SteeleRedux

Interesting to see you writing to your local member and State Senators to sign the Declaration that has more holes in it than a piece of mouldy swiss cheese.

Hope you at least had the decency to warn them of the 10 defects I pointed out in this article - or did you just "inadvertently" fail to mention them.
Posted by david singer, Tuesday, 2 September 2014 7:39:13 PM
Dear Singer,

I found no defects to be identified by the article but over the years have found innumerable defects in the author.

BTW it would appear 2 more have added their names to the list.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 2 September 2014 10:59:27 PM
SteeleRedux

What a wonderful revelation - another two signatures added in the last six days since you started your letter writing campaign

That makes 74 out of a possible 598 parliamentarians who have now shown their constituents how stupid and irresponsible they are to sign a document that is so inaccurate and misleading in its content.
Posted by david singer, Wednesday, 3 September 2014 12:05:36 AM
David Singer, why were 32 Palestinians killed in the West Bank since July?
If 1462 Israeli civilians had been killed in 50 days there would be world-wide outrage. Why not for the Palestinian civilians?
Posted by markjohnconley, Saturday, 6 September 2014 1:34:45 PM
Zionists the super-terrorists of the world; replicating what the Nazis did to those of the Judaic faith in the 30's.
Posted by markjohnconley, Saturday, 6 September 2014 1:36:59 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy