The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Gaza: Hamas humiliates and manipulates world media > Comments

Gaza: Hamas humiliates and manipulates world media : Comments

By David Singer, published 18/8/2014

Any journalist is free to report what they see in Gaza as long as it is coloured Hamas.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. All
The world-wide Jewish lobby is of course far more influential and powerful than the relatively miniscule Hamas "lobby".
Meanwhile the essay by Max Blumenthal titled How Israel Used (uses) Its Own Civilians As Human Shields provides a necessary truth-telling counterpoint to the usual Zionist propaganda.
Posted by Daffy Duck, Monday, 18 August 2014 7:57:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ETHNIC CLEANSING

is the systematic forced removal of ethnic or religious groups from a given territory with the intent of creating a territory inhabited by people of a homogeneous or pure ethnicity, religion, culture, and history. The forces applied may be various forms of forced migration (deportation, population transfer), as well as mass murder, and intimidation.

ETHNIC CLEANSING

is usually accompanied with the efforts to remove physical and cultural evidence of the targeted group in the territory through the destruction of homes, social centers, farms, and infrastructure, and by the desecration of monuments, cemeteries, and places of worship.

Anyone who tries to describe what is going on in Palestine as anything else is spouting rubbish.
Posted by imajulianutter, Monday, 18 August 2014 11:05:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Comical Dave is upset.

Apparently there are so many pictures of dead Palestinian children circulating that Hamas can try to make it look even worse by showing old ones. How naughty.

Here's a radical idea: How about Israel just stops killing children. I know how extreme that must sound but just think, if Israel stops killing children, there won't be any pictures of dead children.

'Maybe they should stay out of Gaza and let Hamas do its own media releases.'

I love this too. There is nothing like experience in life. We all know that AIPAC writes US government media releases as well as US ME foreign policy. Why not suggest Hamas does the same?

Comical Dave is so easy to read. The simple formula is:
Truth = opposite of whatever Comical Dave writes.
Posted by dane, Tuesday, 19 August 2014 12:02:49 AM
Singer this time exposes Israel as just a bunch of lying murderers.

Singer quoted the FPA as saying:

1. Hamas,'harassed, threatened or questioned (Journalists) over stories'.

2. Hamas put in place 'a "vetting" procedure that would, in effect, allow for the blacklisting of specific journalists.'

3. Hamas threatened 'journalists could be expelled from Gaza.'

The result: the FPA 'slamming Hamas for its treatment of journalists.'

Singer then quoted the FPA as saying (the Israeli Army indulged in):

1. 'outright (Invective) attacks on journalists'.

2. 'aimed live fire at the Al Jazeera offices in Gaza City. The offices are on the 11th floor of a known commercial centre.'
(an obvious site for a tunnel when using precision-guided munitions)

3. 'physically attacked and abused' an Arab journalist.

The result: 'The FPA strongly condemns deliberate official and unofficial incitement against journalists working to cover the current warfare under very difficult circumstances as well as forcible attempts to prevent journalists and TV crews from carrying out their news assignments. While we do not condone the use of invective by any side, outright attacks on journalists are absolutely unacceptable.'

But Singer tells us the 'FPA has also been mildly critical of Israel'.

That's right while the whole world (Take a look at the organisations in the FPA) sees outright attacks on civilian journalists as utterly unacceptable Singer sees them as deserving only mild criticism.

Singer acknowledges Hamas won the propaganda war. It's no bloody wonder.

But get this Singer

"... we need to inflict a painful and unequivocal blow on Hamas. Anything less would be a Hamas victory," Michael Oren, a former Israeli ambassador to the U.S. said to US officials.

Singer it's no wonder you're grizzling. Hamas is good at humiliation.

But the same happened with Hezbollah in Southern Lebanon. Are you bothering to wonder why?

Here's a clue, it wasn't the journalists fault.
Posted by imajulianutter, Tuesday, 19 August 2014 12:06:26 AM
My God, I have not been following this conflict much, however after reading this thread I decided to google images for "gaza children"
How does Israel get away with some of the most shocking war crimes I have seen?
Posted by ozzie, Tuesday, 19 August 2014 12:51:26 AM
Thanks David, I should've been clearer but my comment was already quite long - there were a couple of your references in particular that I was quite interested in following up on. I found several tweets re John Reed's experiences when I searched his name on Twitter. I am following the Financial Times, but hadn't heard about it.
Posted by Daily, Tuesday, 19 August 2014 1:16:53 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. All