The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Hamas evil must be confronted and defeated in Gaza > Comments

Hamas evil must be confronted and defeated in Gaza : Comments

By David Singer, published 13/8/2014

One month of fierce fighting between Israel and Hamas has resulted in an enormous propaganda victory for Hamas as horrific pictures have appeared daily in social media and newspapers around the world.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 27
  7. 28
  8. 29
  9. Page 30
  10. 31
  11. All
-->Cont

On one side we have the Israeli Defence Force, controlled by a democratically elected government. The IDF, when authorised by the government, responds to deadly rocket attacks from Gaza by attacking terror weapon caches, terror infrastructure and terrorist leaders. The IDF often provides advance warnings to minimise casualties among Gaza civilian. While it doesn’t always stop unfortunate collateral damage, it goes a long way to prevent it. Accidental death of civilians often results in an enquiry. Civilians are never intentionally targeted.

On the other side we have Hamas, illegally ruling Gaza with an iron fist, where democratic elections are nothing but a faded memory. They exclusively target civilians, either using rockets aimed at towns and cities or suicide bombers targeting civilian public places such as night clubs and buses. Any terrorist who succeeds in blowing up Israeli civilians is revered as a saint and often gets a public square named after him/her. Hamas stated aim is to destroy Israel and all its citizens as well as Jews all over the world. At the same time they don’t hesitate to murder their own people who dare opposing them.

Faced with the above two choices, you embrace Hamas. Not only you choose to support a terrorist organisation, you also justify their terrorist acts, reasoning that civilian casualties in a terror act are acceptable, because there is a possibility that enemy recruits might also be hit. Using your reasoning, 9/11 was a justified act, out of the 3000 civilians killed there must have been at least a dozen recruits serving in the US armed forces. The Bali bombing was justified because surely one or two ADF personnel might have been at the club at the time. London bombing? Justified for the same reason. Bombing a kindergarten? Justified! Surely some of those little bastards will grow up to be soldiers in some infidel army.

This thinking puts you firmly in the camp of Hamas, Hezbollah, ISIL, Boko-Haram etc. I can certainly see why you are “really pissed”. Can I suggest you stop justifying terrorism – maybe you’ll feel a little better about yourself.
Posted by Avw, Tuesday, 9 September 2014 10:25:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Avw,

Well there certainly seems to be rather large dollops of Singer appearing in your posts which is disappointing as I have certainly tired of his belligerence, evasiveness, and general slipperiness. But I will press on.

To your persistent misrepresentation of my equivalence argument. You are either being wilfully ignorant or pathological in your refusal to accept the point that if you deem a bomb set in a Israeli nightclub as terrorism, which I have repeatedly confirmed I do, then you must deem a bomb targeting the house of a Hamas leader (where the expectation of his wife and children being present is very high) as terrorism too, which I also do. You do not. That means you can be justly accused of supporting, condoning and even rejoicing in terrorism.

Indeed well may you say “I would also get really pissed off if I woke up one day to find that I actually support terrorism.” because that is exactly what you do.

Having cleared that up I shall move on.

You have taken issue yet again with my statement; “A compliant, demilitarised Gaza will not process the peace process one iota”.

You have not told me what would then keep the settlers out of Gaza? What would stop the kidnappings? The demolitions? The curfews? The checkpoints? The settler violence? The theft of land? None of these occur routinely in Gaza but they are a feature of life for those in the West Bank which is to all intents and purposes demilitarised.

You asked;

“Question: Why are there no Israeli air raids on the West Bank? Let me help you with the answer – it’s because the Palestinians in the West Bank do not launch rockets into Israel.”

And because they do not launch rockets the Israelis deem they can get away once again with settler incursions, with kidnappings, with demolitions, with curfews, with checkpoints, with settler violence, with land theft and with killing of Palestinian teenagers.

Cont..
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 10 September 2014 1:50:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Cont..

You see you want peace on Israel's terms, one that would never see an independent Palestinian state, one forever without the means to defend itself, unable to progress its people from being Israeli serfs into a viable nation. By 'process' I mean the steps that are required to see both peoples with their own nations which is the only way to achieve sustainable peace.

The current 'murder' of Likud war criminals is utterly determined for that to never happen. They are utterly committed to stripping land from the Palestinians and the only thing keeping them from doing so at an even greater rate is the heroic resistance of the people of Gaza. The Likud criminals are certainly not afraid of the very compliant Fatah nor of an almost equally compliant US.

Your flagging of nuclear arsenals is pertinent though. Mutually Assured Destruction is accepted as the reason the world's two largest superpowers have kept the peace between themselves for so long. And where do you think those missiles are targeted? At each others civilian cities.

Just as Israel has deliberately targeted thousands of Palestinian homes, even to the extent of purposefully demolishing swathes of apartment blocks with no military objective, to put pressure on the Gazans to in turn pressure Hamas, so why then is it somehow only illegitimate when Hamas does the same. I think both are deplorable but once again you choose to ignore the far greater sinner, the slaugterer of hundreds upon hundreds of civilians.

But ultimately sir the toll in the last conflict has utterly delegitimised any supporter of the Likud criminals of decrying Hamas targeting civilians. There are 1800 reasons why you can never, ever, do so again without eliciting well deserved derision.

And what on earth is this piece of rubbish?

“Why do we have long periods when there are no Israeli raids on Gaza, yet there is no letup in the firing of rockets from Gaza into Israel?”

Cont..
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 10 September 2014 1:51:34 AM
Cont..

You tell me when there has been 'long periods' without attacks on Gaza, assassinations of Hamas members, without a crippling and illegal blockade, without targeted strikes, or without sniper bullets. There haven't been.

However there has been a long period, over 6 years in fact, since the last suicide bomber struck in Israel and there has only been a single bomb strategically placed anywhere in Israel over the same period. Considering the utter slaughter conducted by the Likud war criminals over that time including Cast Lead, Pillar Defence, and Protective Edge there is every reason to consider Hamas as restrained in their tactics. There was no restraint in the tactics of Israel this year.

Finally to Hamas killing those spying for Israel. There is no doubt that the web of Israeli spies in Gaza is extensive, even including the son of a founding member of Hamas who even betrayed his own father.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20100629/us-israel-hamas-spy/

They are why Israel is able to target highly secret meetings of Hamas officials. In less fraught times Hamas has recognised that the 'collaborators' are often recruited under duress by the Israelis and have in the past conducted amnesties and education campaigns to address the problem.
http://www.middleeastmonitor.com/articles/middle-east/10450-reining-in-israeli-collaborators-in-gaza

In the midst of bombings and invasion less civilised methods have been employed, much to Hamas' discredit. Many countries still have the death sentence for treason including the US and Israel. It was the fact that these were summary executions without due process that condemns them.

“In Israel, capital punishment is allowed only during wartime and only for genocide, crimes against humanity, war crimes, treason, and crimes against the Jewish People. The current Arab-Israel conflict is considered a war, and the committing of any of the crimes can result in the death penalty.”

Wikipedia
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 10 September 2014 1:52:34 AM
Steele: the slaugterer of hundreds upon hundreds of civilians.

The Hamas dead in Gaza? How do we know that? We only have Hamas's word for that, & in light of the following. Is it true?

http://moonbattery.com/?p=49247
or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfCJ23umcBI

Steelie: 'It is Israeli settler fanaticism that is the real cancer // the world the better off we would all be.

Yes, we can see that. I.e.; Egypt, Libya, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Somalia, Yemen, Oman, Nigeria. Pakistan, Afghanistan. I feel you would be much happier in one of these countries with people that support your stance on the World & beliefs. Have you ever thought of moving to one of them?

Steelie: You see you want peace on Israel's terms, one that would never see an independent Palestinian state, one forever without the means to defend itself.

As opposed to having a Hamas run State. Their wouldn't be an Israelie left in a week. They would be all summery executed. Wouldn't they?

Palestinian State? Palestine only existed from 1923 to 1948. There is no such thing as a Palestinian anyway. It's just a Terrorist organization, PLO. The Arab people in Gaza only want to live in Peace but the various factions, PLO, Fatah, Hamas won't let them.

Steelie: There is no doubt that the web of Israeli spies in Gaza is extensive, even including the son of a founding member of Hamas who even betrayed his own father.

The son of the founder of Hamas told the World the truth about Hamas & Daddies pi$$ed off. I guess telling the truth to the People of Gaza is not a Hamas thing.

Your EX is lonely & hasn't seen you for a while. He wants a visit in jail.
Posted by Jayb, Wednesday, 10 September 2014 9:11:13 AM
Dear SR:

Evasiveness? Slipperiness? While I cannot comment on your dissatisfaction with Singer’s articles, I have certainly addressed and refuted most of your points – far from being evasive. Slipperiness definitely appears to be a very common trait of your posts: you support terror acts by defending and justifying them, then say that you don’t. You deny Hamas criminals took over control of Gaza by violence, then you say they did. You get ‘pissed’ when I point out the inconsistency in your posts, claiming I misrepresented your point. Which one of your conflicting points did I misrepresent – the one for or against? Are you simply hedging your bets both ways? Why are you blaming the messenger for pointing out the glaring inconsistencies? At the same time you continue avoiding the hard questions I put to you repeatedly many times now, and you say I’m the one being evasive? You falsely accuse me of “rejoicing in terrorism”, and I’m the one being belligerent and slippery?

As for your obvious support of terrorism, your hypocrisy is truly staggering. While you claim you do not support terrorism, your repeated justification of it reveals the exact opposite. In a previous post you gave the example of the three Israeli boys kidnapped and murdered by Hamas operatives in June, suggesting it was a response to Palestinian teenagers being shot back in May, allegedly by the IDF. You concluded with the triumphant question “are you suggesting that they [Hamas murderers] should have allowed the perpetrators to get away with it?”
This clearly demonstrates how similar your line of thinking is to that of any common terrorist: What perpetrators are you talking about? Are you suggesting the three Israeli boys or members of their families shot and killed Palestinians? What exactly were those boys getting away with, according to you, that is so terrible requiring summary execution at the hands of your admired assassins? I guess once you embrace terrorism the way you have it’s easy to overlook such trivialities. Let’s just kill someone to make us feel better, anyone will do.

Cont-->
Posted by Avw, Friday, 12 September 2014 9:27:52 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 27
  7. 28
  8. 29
  9. Page 30
  10. 31
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy