The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Israel and Palestine > Comments

Israel and Palestine : Comments

By Don Aitkin, published 1/8/2014

I do not have much sympathy for people who place rocket bases in housing areas, though I recognise that Hamas sees its own cause as just.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. 14
  11. All
to imajulianutter. You write "And mate I have yet to see any Arabs or Palestinians or Muslims spout the racist or bigoted hate in any of the articles or comments in online opinion". You obviously do not listen to the radio, watch television or look at the extreme views and comments that follow any pro-Israel article or interview.
Posted by jet, Friday, 1 August 2014 3:55:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
imajulianutter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ORAM-usqhQ

as keeps being repeated that if Hamas and Arabs love children more than they hate Jews there could be peace.
Posted by runner, Friday, 1 August 2014 4:09:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Imajulianutter,

<<We in Australia do not fear the religion of our neighbours.>>

I also live in Australia, but apparently several members of this forum do fear what they believe to be the religion of our neighbours.

<<It is you blokes who live in the vengeful philosophy of your history>>

"you blokes"? Who? whose history? Apparently you responded to my post, isn't it?

Do you consider my philosophy vengeful?
Is this what a vengeful person would write: http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=16523#289121 (last two paragraphs)?

<<Nor do we want your racist bigotry.>>

Such as....?

<<Explain to me why only one group is dominating our media...>>

Why do you ask me? I don't read or watch the Australian media.

<<I have seen leaders of the Jewish community spouting intolerance and hate in the wider media.>>

Perhaps so, but what do you want from me?

<<I saw Graham Richardson>>

Look, I only know one Graham - that's Graham Young, so go knock on other doors.

<<You blokes need change your behaviours>>

Such as....?

<<and question the effectiveness of your philosophical and religious beliefs and practices before we force you,>>

Oh, you just spoke of Australian tolerance, inviting all racial and religious groups and now you wish to persecute me for my Hindu religion?

I should have reported your threatening post to the one Graham I know, but let it stay here so others know your true intentions.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 1 August 2014 5:08:33 PM
imajulianutter, exactly what news do you read? Are you aware of the increasing number of attacks on Jews and Synagogues in Europe? Are you even aware of why is happening in Syria and Iraq where Christian communities over 1400 years old are being told to leave or die?
Posted by Jon R, Saturday, 2 August 2014 10:37:52 AM
A copyright on good Ideas Yutustu?
What an interesting new novel approach!
As for relocating Israel/resettling around 12 million peace loving, enough already, Jews in our northwest?
I think it is a great idea!
Perhaps we could call it Jewtopia, or is there a copyright on that as well?
And if they were to intermarry with the locals, what would we call that?
Assimilation?
Well, they are said to be very fond of gold!
We must ensure however, they don't sail here in boats, as that form of relocation is currently illegal, albeit, how would we ever know, if we were never ever told?
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Saturday, 2 August 2014 10:45:57 AM
"Criticising Israel is not anti-Semitic,
and saying so is vile.
But singling out Israel for opprobrium and
international sanction - out of all proportion
to any other party in the Middle East - is
anti-Semitic, and not saying so is dishonest."
(Thomas Friedman).
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 2 August 2014 11:26:30 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. 14
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy