The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Israel and Palestine > Comments

Israel and Palestine : Comments

By Don Aitkin, published 1/8/2014

I do not have much sympathy for people who place rocket bases in housing areas, though I recognise that Hamas sees its own cause as just.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. All
Who does,markjohnconnelly?

The reason why I stopped being a trendy lefty and started thinking straight was because I realised that so many 'anti racists" were extremely racist towards white people. My people. The funny thing is, they consider anti white racism to be so justified and normal that they make racist statements about whites all the time and it goes right over their heads.

I am constantly called a "redneck" which is just as racist a term as "niigger", and my opponents on OLO have even claimed that my attitudes are similar to "Southern whites in the USA", which is another racist stereotype.

It is a cultural universal that all human groups identify other human groups that they don't like because they consider their group values, attitudes and behaviours to be unacceptable. They identify these people by their skin colour, the clothes they wear, the declared moral convictions of the group, or the group behaviours routinely exhibited by these groups which conforms to their declared ideology. Once you grasp that simple fact, you might be able to put aside your culturally conditioned reflex to think that you are morally and intellectually superior to "racists" and start thinking straight.
Posted by LEGO, Sunday, 10 August 2014 7:48:55 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If you are such a committed anti racist who can spot racism everywhere, markjohnconnolly, how come you missed this?

"Note that the Zionists need the Nazis as the source of their self-image. After all, they had the Bible for reference, with the grand plan already laid out for example at Deuteronomy 20 – read it at http://biblehub.com/deuteronomy/20-17.htm to get the drift."

Emperor Julian.

This had to mean taking sides with sundry Communists, enemies of the people, NKVD butchers, etc. etc. But between the Resistance and the Krauts it was a no-brainer – resist to get the occupiers’ pig snouts out of their country.

Emperor Julian.

Different times, but exactly the same principles apply in parallel circumstances today. And exactly the same kind of people advancing exactly the same advice.

Emperor Julian.

Israel does not want peace. They want all palestinians dead or exiled. They want all the land west of the Jordan river and they are committing genocide, ethnic cleansing and murder to get it.

mikk
Posted by LEGO, Sunday, 10 August 2014 8:25:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
markjohnconley

So are you saying that it is moral for Palestinian children to have died while working on the terror tunnel fortresses (even as, you insist on saying, that they were not forced)?
Posted by jet, Sunday, 10 August 2014 4:47:53 PM
Lego, so 'lefty' is 'racist' also; so we are all 'racists', I get it.
I had missed those comments, but Mikk is not far off the mark, mark
Posted by markjohnconley, Sunday, 10 August 2014 9:01:46 PM
jet, it always gets me when the western media repeat the Zionists "fight ing for survival" mantra, when as I comprehend it's the Palestinians who are fighting for survival against the terrorist state, Israel.
Children are having their heads exploded by the terrorist actions of the Zionist Israeli organisation so they are part of the fight aren't they.
Posted by markjohnconley, Sunday, 10 August 2014 9:07:47 PM
Dear markjohnconey,

It is often useful to look at the user history of those with whom you engage.

LEGO, a narcissistic character who often manages to steer the topic to himself or areas he feels he has some knowledge or advantage, is at least authentic.

Jet is not. The discussion when he first entered OLO it was titled “Palestinian Israeli conflict is about much more than settlements”
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=15087#260847

Author Avi-Guy is “a policy analyst for the Australia/Israel and Jewish Affairs Council”. Three new posters registered to place pro-Israeli comments accompanying that article.

The first, ludicrously named 'Arab', claimed to be an Arab telling fellow Arabs that “Israel never attacked or threatened to attack anyone.” I bet the boys at the JAC had a chuckle. Lasted 2 posts.

The next was our 'jet' who made 3 posts back then only firing up his account again for this particular thread.

The third was 'Kondrakr' who lasted just 3 posts.

Whether they are just sock puppets or an Australian version of this;
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/08/14/israel-pay-students-propaganda_n_3755782.html
doesn't really matter but it is a phenomena that repeats itself with Israel-Palestinian discussions all the time.

All duplicitous and conniving as the Israel lobby is well known for.

So to the topic of tunnels. The paper that the Jerusalem Post referred to when saying 160 children died digging tunnels was;
http://www.palestine-studies.org/jps/fulltext/42605

Really worth a read, a snippet;

“Once in control of the commercial tunnels, the Hamas government set about formalizing the smuggling economy through regulation. In the wake of Operation Cast Lead, the Interior Ministry established the Tunnel Affairs Commission (TAC) to act as the regulatory authority for commercial activities. Among its first acts was to issue a list of blacklisted imports, including weapons, alcohol, and tramadol, a painkiller much used in Gaza. In response to public concern at a rising toll of tunnel casualties, particularly of child workers, the TAC issued guidelines intended to ensure safe working conditions. Over time, it fenced off the site and stationed some three hundred black-clad internal-security personnel at entry points to spot-check the documentation of persons entering and leaving the zone.”
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 11 August 2014 12:00:05 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy