The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Cutting the grass in the theatre of war > Comments

Cutting the grass in the theatre of war : Comments

By Junaid Cheema, published 30/7/2014

In Sderot, local Israelis pulled up chairs at hill tops to watch the bombing of Gaza. The spectators took happy snaps, shared popcorn and cheered; as the Israeli Military cut the grass - dealing death on Gaza.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 40
  9. 41
  10. 42
  11. All
How brave you are Junaid.

I hope your email address does not get spammed out of action.

I suspect it must suit the West to have the proxy in Israel to perpetualise the "instability in the Middle East". The once mighty empires might have departed but the "military-industrial" owners in the West must continue the tradition of prospering through the Middle East - our "civilisation" depends on it.

The Israeli governments since Rabin seem short sighted. The have abandoned the "values and integrity of Judaism" (Do not to others ...) according to Simon Schama in his TV series on The story of the Jewish people. Will an implanted military state last for ever?

Regrettably we have our own version of that sort of myth telling - with the boat people - these despicable queue jumpers who throw their children overboard, self harm to elicit sympathy, etc, etc. Since the Tampa of 2001 our political and cultural gladiators have succeeded in convincing the voters that they have only our interest at heart, and that we are in fact a compassionate, fair and generous nation. Never mind the hell hoes we purchase in basket case countries to wear down the mental state of those boat people put under seemingly indefinite detention.

Thank you so much for your perspective.
Posted by Chek, Wednesday, 30 July 2014 11:08:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Cheema: In the city Sderot, local Israelis pulled up chairs at hill tops to watch the bombing of Gaza. The spectators took happy snaps, shared popcorn and cheered; as the Israeli Military cut the grass - dealing death on Gaza.

Yep that's what I'd do. Hamas is hell bent on destroying Israel totally, Men women & children. They cry foul when they are caught with their pants down. Hiding some 40 Rockets in two UN schools, firing Rockets from school & hospital grounds. Shooting from hospital windows. Hiding weapons of all descriptions in their houses with their wives & children present.

Are the wives & children OK with these arrangements? Yes, of course they are. It makes good propaganda TV for Hamas when the wives & children get killed & maimed. But just whose fault is it? No, not the Israelis. They surgically pick their targets to avoid casualties. Do Hamas do the same, No, Aim fire & forget. They don't care where it lands. Some 20000 Rockets fired from Gaza with the express purpose of killing civilians.

Are the children innocent? I don't think so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwtKsF7I5Nk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrW4_uxJvHQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08XsKJYcvfk
Posted by Jayb, Wednesday, 30 July 2014 11:16:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Junaid
I admire your courage in speaking out. I admire the intelligence you have shown in thinking for yourself. I admire your respect for humanity.

It is in stark contrast to the warmongers and their defenders. Well done.
Posted by imajulianutter, Wednesday, 30 July 2014 12:36:23 PM
Chek; " How brave you are Junaid"

imajulianutter; " Junaid, I admire your courage...I admire the intelligence you have shown...I admire your respect for humanity (can I ask you out on a date? whoops, sorry, no Ima.. did add that last bit -- but it fitted in so well)

What rot! LOL
I'll wager that all they ever talk about around the water cooler down at the community worker collective is how bad Israel was/is --it would have taken courage for Junaid NOT to have toed the party line.
Posted by SPQR, Wednesday, 30 July 2014 12:55:43 PM
We SPQR are talking about it in the pub, at our cafes and other community venues whereas you people are only regurgitating what you are told to by your propaganda factories.
Posted by imajulianutter, Wednesday, 30 July 2014 2:52:44 PM
imajulianutter

<<We SPQR are talking about it in the pub...>>

Do a Google on the author and suss out his background--I could be wrong--but I rather suspect you wont be seeing him in any pub ....unless it be drinking orange squash.
Posted by SPQR, Wednesday, 30 July 2014 3:31:15 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 40
  9. 41
  10. 42
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy