The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Israel Inflicts Illegal Collective Punishment on Gaza > Comments

Israel Inflicts Illegal Collective Punishment on Gaza : Comments

By Marjorie Cohn, published 17/7/2014

Headlines in the mainstream media falsely portray an equivalence of firepower between Israelis and Palestinians in Gaza. But Israel's use of force greatly exceeds that of the Palestinians.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. All
Avw,

Just a footnote to one of your posts above. You appear to be only new to OLO and as a result might not know some of the players as well as some of us oldtimers.

Let me just warn you that some of the characters who masquerade as poor old granny suffering a myriad of ailments, and needing sympathy & attention, are in reality the big bad wolf in disguise --DON'T BE FOOLED!
Posted by SPQR, Tuesday, 22 July 2014 8:28:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SPQR

You're a poor excuse for a baboon mate.
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 22 July 2014 11:17:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pete,

Aye mate maybe, and you're a poor imitation of the cluey Pete who usually posts on OLO. You really are a cut above people like Foxy & OUG who are locked into a one-eyed view of the world --sorry we disagree on this issue. But am sure we will agree on most others in the future.

Cheers
Posted by SPQR, Tuesday, 22 July 2014 11:48:33 AM
Hi SPQR

Flattery will get you everywhere.

Said the pitbull to the bishop.

Cheers

Pete
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 22 July 2014 12:02:12 PM
Thanks all for the guidance :)
I'm not quite new to OLO, although I have been absent for a couple of years.
I had a feeling that the developing events in the Middle East will trigger some fireworks here so I thought I’d come back for a visit…
Posted by Avw, Tuesday, 22 July 2014 8:53:37 PM
Hmmm, only had a brief scan of the posts here, but no one seems to
have put the whole mess into its long term historical context.

The Koran tells its followers to go and convert the world to Islam at
the point of the sword if resisted.
That is how they come to be in Palestine.
The Hamas will accept no settlement except that Israel packs up and
leaves the Middle East.
That is the choice they give Israel, leave or die.

Unfortunately being Arabs they are not genetically disposed to compromise.
It is a behavior problem we will all have to face.

So all the bleating on here is about a battle for survival.
In a battle for survival there is only one winner.
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 25 July 2014 11:16:47 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy