The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The whale in the room > Comments

The whale in the room : Comments

By Debbie Garratt, published 11/7/2014

The bewildering aspect of it to me is that a single whale takes up 10 minutes of my news watching time yet when figures about late term abortions of viable healthy babies are released, nobody wants to talk about it.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
In the Old Testament the god of that era mandated murder for all sorts of reasons such as, for example, being a servant in the household of a member of an unbelieving tribe or being a couple doing what comes naturally in the wrong circumstances.

We either learn to live, in suitable numbers, within the limits imposed by our environment or we all be doomed. Either the technologies of energy and family management come to the rescue of the human race or the author and her heirs, runner, One Under God, and the younger generations will go the way of the Dodo. And, it won't be pleasant.
Posted by Foyle, Friday, 11 July 2014 2:22:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Whales, unlike humans, are not in plague proportions.
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 11 July 2014 5:07:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There are 40 something million people driven from their land(refugees)
at the moment, all caused by too many people, all needing land and
resources to survive.
They are attacked by the wolves dressed up
in the sheep's clothing of religion, who deny contraception and cause
the over-population resulting in not enough survival resources like
land etc. to go round in the first place.

In the absence of contraception in these countries abortions should
be allowed to mothers who want them in the very early weeks of
pregnancy if they already have 4 or more children and choose not to
have any more.

I would agree however that I don't much like the idea of abortion
after 4months.
Posted by CHERFUL, Friday, 11 July 2014 6:52:41 PM
That is demonstrably untrue, Debbie Garratt...

"The bewildering aspect of it to me is that a single whale takes up 10 minutes of my news watching time yet when figures about late term abortions of viable healthy babies are released, nobody wants to talk about it."

unless you regard yourself as a nobody?

I can assume that you take cold comfort in the fact of the "Maternal, Perinatal, Child and Adolescent Mortality report" being in the public domain.

There would be even less to talk about if it wasn't.
Posted by WmTrevor, Friday, 11 July 2014 7:04:57 PM
Is Mise:

Well if whales ain't in plague proportions, then it is permanent Whale "Peak-Hour" where I live! Cheers.
Posted by diver dan, Saturday, 12 July 2014 11:31:54 AM
Perhaps if television companies showed pictures of healthy, viable babies being dismembered alive on our evening news feed we would get a bigger response. Because this is the reality of it. Late term abortion is the dismembering and removal of a healthy, viable baby from the uterus, just weeks before it is due to be born.
I have no objection to early abortion, at a time when the foetus is a non viable blob, but late term abortion is simply another term for murder.
These babies could either be allowed to go to full term, or induced early, and given up for adoption to one of the thousands of couples waiting for a child.
To kill them at such a late stage denotes a degree of selfishness and egoism that leaves me stunned.
Posted by Big Nana, Saturday, 12 July 2014 12:03:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy