The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > On hazards and climate > Comments

On hazards and climate : Comments

By Chas Keys, published 7/7/2014

Climate scientists can't do it all. Their principal responsibility is to point out what is happening in the climate system. Only secondarily do they tend to involve themselves in prescriptions.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. All
Dear steelee
thank you for bringing some more mirth into my life.

In your latest post are you showing your usual inability to comprehend or is this just another example of the state of your denial?

I'll repeat for you, since you need repetition to gain even a modicum of understanding.

'Where did I state any geographic region?'

Here

'http://www.infowars.com/global-warming-coldest-antarctic-june-ever-recorded/
Read this link. It is only short and in simple language so you will understand what it says but I doubt you can possibly understand the significance of the temp trends in the region that exerts the most influence on global climate.'

Now steelee I know you find difficulties with historical accuracy but these stats are historically accurate and steelee, unlike you, I do use a realistic methodology when researching and supplying information.

In case you doubt my statement wasn't deliberately vague well mate, as always, you are lurking about and hoping to trip me up so naturally I played my little trick on you and it worked.

You, ant and warmair always pop up together. That has been occurring for months. Jeez steelee you are so bloody predictable.

And you think you can laugh
Posted by imajulianutter, Tuesday, 15 July 2014 7:57:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
http://www.meteofrance.fr/web/comprendre-la-meteo/actualites?articleId=8990197

My first thought on seeing this link was it was a joke why because of this statement

Enfin on a enregistré un excédent d'insolation de 60% (11,8 heures contre 7,4 en moyenne**).

Which translates to :-
Finally, a 60% excess of insolation was recorded (11.8 hours versus the average of 7.4).

On further investigation it appears the link is valid and the data is consistent with that from BOM.

http://134.178.63.141/products/IDT60803/IDT60803.89642.shtml

Now the location is on the edge of the Antarctic Circle which means that the average daylight hours for the location in June are around 2 ½ hours per day. So it is obvious that there was not an extra 4hr 24 mins hours of sunshine per day in June. So we they must be referring to the whole month. Based on that conclusion we can be confident that the sky was clear some 3% more than usual which translates to 170 hrs of night time clear skys for the month. I don’t have to explain that clear skys produce much lower temperature do I?

One location which has anomalous temperatures for a month proves nothing so what did happen globally for June 2014.

http://www.reportingclimatescience.com/news-stories/article/nasa-global-temperature-anomaly-for-june-062c.html

So I think we can safely say your post as quoted below is wrong

And ant June was the coldest June on record.
Posted by imajulianutter, Sunday, 13 July 2014 2:23:08 PM
Posted by warmair, Tuesday, 15 July 2014 1:41:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
warmair, no matter what is stated that is factually correct; imajulianutter, is going to take the complete opposite tack.

Miami is being hit by sea level rise displayed by a king tide and wind pushing the fetch landward. Something that hadn't been a problem in the past. Its matters like those that deniers find difficult; and then, they become abusive.
Posted by ant, Tuesday, 15 July 2014 2:47:04 PM
Dear nutter,

It isn't a trick question mate so why are you so reluctant to answer it yourself? Posting links that you can worm out of will not cut it so how about a straight answer directly from you to my query;

To what were you referring when you said “And ant June was the coldest June on record.”?

Out with it son, you can do it!
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 15 July 2014 2:59:36 PM
steelee can't you read?
Posted by imajulianutter, Tuesday, 15 July 2014 7:28:20 PM
Ant
I am beginning to feel sorry for Imajulianutter people keep on picking on him by bombarding him with the real facts.

While I am well aware that I am unlikely to change the minds of those people who dispute climate change, my motives for discussing the subject are driven mostly by an effort to counter the misinformation that is pumped out by dubious sources. I also find it interesting to follow the claims made by those sources; I nearly always learn something during the process of searching out the real facts. It is very rare that I find a claim made by these people is actually correct.

Anyway all the best to you in your efforts to support science over spin.
Posted by warmair, Tuesday, 15 July 2014 8:25:40 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy