The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The male cloak of invisibility > Comments

The male cloak of invisibility : Comments

By Caitlin Roper, published 4/6/2014

The national dialogue surrounding men's violence against women shifts attention from male perpetrators and onto female victims.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
HouseMouse can we then ask what is wrong with you that you refuse to acknowledge more than half of all DV hiding behind a false feminist construct. That you ignore the majority of substantiated child abuse and neglect to only focus on that proportion committed by men (and for the record I think women do the majority of that because they do more care, not because they are naturally more abusive).

The problem lies with those of you determined to make family violence about gender rather than addressing the reality that its about a whole bunch of issues and gender is not one of them.

So what is wrong with you that you want to make DV and child abuse about men?

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Tuesday, 17 June 2014 7:49:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
HouseMouse,

You have some cheek putting the hat out for donations on your site. At the same time you disrespect the taxpayers, mainly male according to your mantras, who put you through that expensive education you waste.

Seagulls who fly in, circle and poop on everyone then fly off again are not so well regarded. That would apply in your neck of the woods too no doubt.

You refuse equality for men and boys and blame them. Especially with boys your sort are setting a (negative) self-fulfilling prophesy in train. That is so sad and unnecessary. The Pygmalion Effect works both ways. You may not be able to change yourself, but others will be interested,

The Pygmalion Effect
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTghEXKNj7g&feature=kp

Get a job. Women can do anything, remember? So go out and do just that, get a job in anything where you can put something positive back into the society that has supported you and doubtless still continues to do so.

You are lucky to get that advice, because most people simply wouldn't bother with you after encountering your offensive labelling and boasting.
Posted by onthebeach, Tuesday, 17 June 2014 10:01:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Once again the mansplainers attack me personally.

MRA says: 'You have some cheek putting the hat out for donations on your site. At the same time you disrespect the taxpayers, mainly male according to your mantras, who put you through that expensive education you waste.'

Who says I wasted my education? You? Please dude. I don't have to justify myself to you.

MRA says: You refuse equality for men and boys and blame them. Especially with boys your sort are setting a (negative) self-fulfilling prophesy in train.

Men already have equality and rights.

MRA says: Get a job. Women can do anything, remember? So go out and do just that, get a job in anything where you can put something positive back into the society that has supported you and doubtless still continues to do so.

I do have a job. I've put more back into society than any MRA will ever do.

MRA says: You are lucky to get that advice, because most people simply wouldn't bother with you after encountering your offensive labelling and boasting.

I'm lucky that a mansplainer gave me 'advice'? LOL

Address the article and the ideas within it. The more you personally attack me and the author you look like a jacka$$
Posted by HouseMouse, Wednesday, 18 June 2014 9:09:50 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
HouseMouse, not surprising that you seem to be happy with what appear to me to be quite substantial double standards.

You have used terms that appear to be intended to be derogatory regarding posts by males which don't support your position eg "mansplaining" and your attempts to claim that a desire to have all DV treated seriously is somehow not caring about women. Your inference that those who care about all DV and not just thensubset you ar concerned about have something wrong with them is also derogatory.

Given your points seemed to be directed at comments made by onthebeach I might also point out that onthebeach is a human being, not some generic mra. He neither speaks for the various mra's nor should he be the targe for the contempt you appear to have for those groups.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Wednesday, 18 June 2014 9:57:43 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy