The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Budget sinks, but budget measures float, while government is seen as uncaring > Comments

Budget sinks, but budget measures float, while government is seen as uncaring : Comments

By Graham Young, published 20/5/2014

Hockey's budget is the outlier as it has the highest disapproval rating, and only 4% of voters are neutral, indicating a high degree of polarisation.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
The hate the unelectable Abbott campaign failled. Now we are seeimg the jste liar Abbott campaign will have the dame fate
Posted by imajulianutter, Wednesday, 21 May 2014 5:16:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
so luci

don't vote for him... oh that's right you didn't now you are just having a hissy fit.

I think you and your mates hate-filled rants overlook the obvious.

Abbott has never been involved in the dumping of an elected PM and when his treasurer predicts a surplus it will happen. When he's asked if he stopped the boats, got rid of the carbon tax, cut government waste and reduced the debt and started realistic and fully funded infrastructure projects he will say yes and all reasonable Australians will acknowledge he honoured his promises to them.
he will increase his margin because of that.
It is they who will re-elect him ... over and over. I have great faith they won't be hoodwinked by the charlatans supporting the fools soon to be exposed by the royal commission into unions.
Posted by imajulianutter, Wednesday, 21 May 2014 6:38:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So the ends justifies any means, eh, 'nutter?

If any amount of deceit is fine where to draw the line? Would you support a military coup, say, backing the right wing parties? Would you justify that too on the basis we need good strong governance that accords with your outlook?

There are two aspects to this. What a government does and how it got into the position to do it. I'm keeping these matters separate.

The ends does not justify the means. Abbott had a responsibility to inform Australians of his true intent, and to sell his reasons before the election. The surprise ideological thrust in the budget after the election, is based on a bigger crock than selling the Brooklyn bridge, a concocted budget emergency.

Abbott is a bald-faced liar, full-stop. From your (et al) overt backing of this, and of his blitzkreig of the economy since elected, I worry for my country because I believe there are enough with your mindset in powerful places to threaten our democracy.
Posted by Luciferase, Wednesday, 21 May 2014 8:56:26 PM
luci

ends and means? rubbish. Those were his promises, repeated over and over.

Remember how your mob sneered at them.

Remember how your mob carried on that
he can't stop the boats.
he can't get rid of the carbon tax.

The only threat to our democracy is from the clowns who won't accept he won the election and are wanting to sabotage his mandate.

Most of the polls today don't focus on these promises. They are focusing on the budget reduction of the increase in spending in health and education as well as the return to the indexation of the petrol price.

Like with the tax on higher incomes people will return to supporting him as they discover the true effects of the other aspects of this budget and weigh the budget measures up against all his promises.

When they realise both health and education funding is actually increasing and the other measures are not as they are being portrayed by the leftist media and the student ratbags they will return in their droves. In the mean time watch the royal commission into unions to learn about ends and means.
Posted by imajulianutter, Wednesday, 21 May 2014 11:32:55 PM
spindoc,

"If Abbott accepts he cannot be popular he won’t care because he has a different objective, he will try to earn respect which is totally immune from rhetoric."

I'm afraid Abbott is a dud. Peta does her best to prop him up in situations he's barely capable of handling (usually stationed within signalling distance)...just barely he goes - and even then he manages to fumble and er..ah...um...through.

I'm fascinated that any of you "righties" can take this guy seriously. Not only is he inarticulate and brutish - he can barely make a statement without twisting and obfuscating - and that's when he's not outright lying.

Notwithstanding the effort that has gone into this theatrical masterpiece, I think it's time to bring down the curtain on the deception and face up to the ineptitude of the great Coalition saviours.

(That's not to say that I don't appreciate the daily entertainment provided so fulsomely by these bozos)
Posted by Poirot, Wednesday, 21 May 2014 11:36:09 PM
Will just add that I'm somewhat gobsmacked at the ability of this mob to lie in your face without even flinching.

It's remarkable!

Listen if you will to Abbott being interviewed by Faine this morning - here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU3x1iWHny8&feature=youtu.be

Faine plays Abbott a replay of himself stating before last election that if he went back on his word after the election that he'd be just like the Gillard govt - assuring Faine's audience that he would never do such a thing.

So Abbott listens to the replay of his words and proceeds to deny he's not lived up to them. Even though it is so obvious that he has in fact done the "opposite" of what he said before the election.

Abbott doesn't flinch in the interview - he maintains he has kept his word - even though he and the listeners have just heard otherwise.

Unbelievable!
Posted by Poirot, Wednesday, 21 May 2014 11:49:59 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy