The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Marijuana's time has come > Comments

Marijuana's time has come : Comments

By David Leyonhjelm, published 7/4/2014

The ancient Egyptians used medical cannabis extensively four thousand years ago, and the diuretic, antiemetic, antiepileptic, anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic effects of cannabis were well known in medieval medicine.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Hi Bazz,
I look forward to someone somewhere doing some research to determine at what level cannabinoids impair driving ability.
Once that happens, I think we will find that the 'drug' tests we are using are very sensitive to a level of active ingredients well below the impairment level.
Do you think that might be a possibility - that there is no connection between the impairment of reflexes level and the sensitivity of the test?
Posted by Brian of Buderim, Monday, 7 April 2014 9:06:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh Brian, I would not have a clue.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 7 April 2014 9:43:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
DEAR BRIAN..OF BUD..ginger/mate..i been an activist for 20 years
funny'/enough my computers..have a habit of dying[on average 1 per year

i self-taught..myself tO write
so for..a long time..never used capital letters[as somehow/in my ignorance..a button near..the caps often deleted text.but then one day..the board begun shifting keys..from upper-case to lower case..and i end up..with a mess

i then try..to sort/the mess out...but hyper sensitive cursOR..Has its own problems

often for example..i will move/the cursor to edit
begin typing and see/after..the cursor settled..it highlighted and deleted..great chunks of text

further the curer....when moved often delays moving for 5 or 6 seconds[thus i loose the flow..or further the page freezes

in short THIS IS THE LAST..COMPUTER IM EVER BUYING
IF BLOGGING FOR THE LAST HALF..OF MY ACTIVIST CAREER..DONT DO THE JOB STUFF IT[HERE I AM YET AGAIN REPLYING SOME FOOL, UNABLE TO REFUTE WHAT IM SAYING..SO COMPLAINING about the formatting..TO IGNORE WHAT IS SAID..read it or skip it..

im just letting them know..in court 6 may ..im going
TO SPELL IT out..in person..

and then blogging..is over
im so over caring..about anything..even about how
a non/reader..of my words wastes..a post on nuthing..fine..skip the post..sadly i read most/but then im not afraid of facts.

EITHER REVEALING THEM
OR REVEALING THEM..WHO WOULD CONCEAL THEM
WE SHALL KNOW THEM...BY THEIR FRUITS..DONT I KNOW YOU ..BLUEY?

I CAN SMELL THE BOOZE..ON YOUR BREATH
SO WE SHALL JUST SEARCH YOUR CAR..

[OH YOU DONT SEARCH..DRUNKS CARS/..YEAH/RIGHT]..

AAnyhow take a breath mint..refute what i say/not how a computer corrupted/by security agency virus,..allows me to put it

[this jumped..to where is now is
i leave it..as unsaid..

..yeah...''SO WHY SEARCH MINE;;?
because a drunk..would get angry?

BRAVE BOYS..PICK ON THE DOPERS..[ANYONE WHO HAS TRIED IT KNOWS IT DONT DO NUTHIN..BUT EXPAND YOUR ARTERIES..AND MAKE YA EYES RED/AND SLEEPY..NOT BETTER BOOZE..THAT MAKES ANGER.

i hate the caps/more than anyone
but already too much anger..so i ignore it.
till im reminded of it/and yet again need to defend..not to topic/but formatting...FOR PEOPLE/NOT READING IT ANYHOW

LOL
Posted by one under god, Monday, 7 April 2014 10:10:08 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Brian of Buderim, "I look forward to someone somewhere doing some research to determine at what level cannabinoids impair driving ability"

This report might be interesting,

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/03/130301122256.htm
Posted by onthebeach, Monday, 7 April 2014 10:57:02 PM
Hi on the beach, thanks for the abstract. Has this been replicated somewhere else or is this the only study? Was this peer-reviewed? Are you suggesting total abstinence from cannabis if driving for the next month or are you proposing a measurable level, like prescribed blood alcohol, above which we are not permitted to go?
Posted by Brian of Buderim, Monday, 7 April 2014 11:03:49 PM
Well that link from OTB was interesting. The effect may follow a half
life curve so if detectable for a month then 2 weeks is probably a
dangerous period.
As no one would leave the car in the garage for two weeks and they would
indulge at least once a week their drivers licence should be cancelled.

I don't see room to do anything else.
We are talking about the life of others, so that is it.
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 8 April 2014 8:13:32 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy