The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > SA Greens want fewer South Australians > Comments

SA Greens want fewer South Australians : Comments

By Malcolm King, published 11/3/2014

Humans are considered impure vandals when compared to the kind of nature idolisation that one would normally find in a William Wordsworth poem.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All
cont'd

Tanton also says that he is not opposed to immigration as such, only the scale of it. Even if Tanton were the evil bigot you claim, so what? He is not involved in running CIS or Numbers USA now. They stand or fall by what their current leaders do. Remember that George Washington owned slaves, and Australia's founding fathers at Federation would have all been bigots by our standards.

By the way, have you come clean about your self-interest? You haven't denied that you are a migration agent. What would it do to your profits if immigration were cut back to 70.000 a year or so?
Posted by Divergence, Friday, 14 March 2014 5:50:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Gee, is this post still going? Last time I looked Luddy had gone off his meds. Why is it that the anti-human league always have a crack at someones job? It's a bit like saying to a physicist who is talking about gravity "But you make atomic bombs too dontcha?"

We're not the only ones who know about Tanton. In fact, even Roy Beck is distancing himself from Tanton, who, like Col Kurtz, has gone, well 'over to the other side'. He wants to get rid of the Mexicans! Here are your true colours below:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mark-potok/greenwash-nativists-cynic_b_662749.html

Divergence, your El Presidente of the SPA (or is the the Stable Population Party? - same thing) put John Tanton up at her house some years ago. There are pictures of Roy Beck and William Bourke and other SPA/SPP staff smiling at the camera in the SPA newsletter. There have been secret meetings and emails going back and forth for years.

We know that Beck came out here to write Bindy's essay on population last year. Wasn't that a hoot? Your mob (aka the SPA, the SPA (political wing) and the SPGN (there's a Monty Python skit there) are up to your necks in it. You and the anti-human league are no more environmentalists than Enoch Powell or Eugene TerreBlanche was.
Posted by Malcolm 'Paddy' King, Friday, 14 March 2014 6:54:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Generally, the commenters show how misinformed they are about the Greens' policies. This can be attributed to the void in Australia's media analysis of the Greens' policies, and is cause for alarm, as the Greens hold the balance of power in the Senate and various States/Territories.

It is in the interests of all concerned to inform themselves. Accordingly, it would be useful to read "The Greens - Policies, Reality and Consequences", the book published in 2011, comprising some 20 papers contributed by experts .
Posted by Raycom, Friday, 14 March 2014 9:03:10 PM
Malcolm, you’ve posted again, mentioning me… but still completely failing to address my questions.

Thankyou. You have now made your position crystal clear (not that there was any doubt beforehand):

You are just completely not interested in debating the subject, only in lambasting SPP, SPA and co, to the most utterly ridiculous extent.

Surely you must realise how this reflects on you. It would be extremely damaging to your credibility…. if you’d had any in the first place!

So what you are actually doing, which I have mentioned a few times now on OLO, is HELPING the ‘poppos’ by regularly writing articles about them on this form (and who knows where else) and making more people aware of the good work and philosophies of these organisations.

Again, I thank you for that.
Posted by Ludwig, Friday, 14 March 2014 9:21:39 PM
The quasi religious cult of John Tanton and his network, with funding from right wing foundations, bit difficult trying to protect his reputation, appear cuddly and liberal then try promote his views on non Europeans, while appearing not to be influenced by him and use of front organisations..... and like another Social Contract Press contributor Bob Birrell has learnt, how to write ambiguously about population and immigration, just in case someone gets the wrong idea, i.e. dog whistling.

10 reasons why good people should have nothing to do with these misanthropic over population boosters from the Population and Development Program:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/127363979/Back-from-the-Brink-Ten-Reasons-to-Challenge-the-Greening-of-Hate

When both the Democrats and even the majority of Republicans know avoid these people, why can't the Greens, and anybody esle with any sense of analytical and clear thinking skills?
Posted by Andras Smith, Saturday, 15 March 2014 9:19:00 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Andras and Malcolm King,

The Republicans and Democrats avoid *these people* because the Democrats are 95% owned by the corporates and the Republicans are 100% owned by the corporates. Although high population growth is bad for the environment, social cohesion, and the tax burden and quality of life of most Americans, the 1% love it. They get bigger domestic markets, rentier profits from ownership of residential land and other necessities, and a cheap, compliant work force that they won't even have to train if the growth is from immigration. Once the population is above the optimum, mass migration and high population growth are excellent means of siphoning a nation's wealth up to the top. The 1% are also cocooned by their wealth from most of the downside of their policies.

You and Malcolm King are using smears, insinuations, and guilt by association via tenuous links because you can't just go to the websites of the organisations you criticize and link to a racist rant or policy. You accuse them of "dog-whistling", but you never give a specific example. Nor have you explained why black people would be immigration restrictionists if it is really just all about racism. Here is another example for you

https://www.numbersusa.com/index.php?q=content/learn/issues/american-workers/congressional-testimony-how-mass-immigra.html

Personally, I would rather be called a racist than a traitor.

A physicist's views on or employment history in nuclear weapons are irrelevant to his views on gravity. It is not the same thing when someone conceals his financial interest in a debate. There is a reason why magazines have to label paid advertisements as such.

Malcolm's accusation that I don't care about the environment is a lie, just like his previous lie that I am employed by the Australian Conservation Foundation. My concern for the environment ought to be clear from my OLO posts. I also donate to the Australian Wildlife Conservancy and other environmental organisations that are not involved in the population debate. I will be happy to furnish proof of this to Graham at any time.
Posted by Divergence, Saturday, 15 March 2014 12:02:55 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy