The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Indefinite detention causes serious harm > Comments

Indefinite detention causes serious harm : Comments

By Andrew Bartlett, published 20/2/2014

The continuing refusal to allow the Australian Human Rights Commission to have access to the centres on Manus Island and Nauru also doesn't engender confidence about the level of transparency.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. All
YEBIGA, "Rather, one has cause to seriously question the mental stability of large portions of the australian public who have obviously become pathologically paranoid. Indeed, there is strong evidence of a mental health epidemic across Australia. Anti-Depressant prescriptions are being consumed by nearly half the population. Incidents of bi-polar disorder, Attention Deficit disorder, sleeping disorders, drug and alcohol abuse and domestic violence are all on a steep trajectory."

Gosh!

OLO is indeed fortunate that a superior being such as yourself graces its forums with your esteemed presence, Oh Great One!
Posted by onthebeach, Sunday, 23 February 2014 10:19:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Typical Yebiga, go the ad hom, pretend to be morally superior, denigrate the legitimate concerns of others, allege insanity.

Nice.

While at the same time basically betraying your country.

The illegals on Manus are there by choice; they left Indonesia, another Islamic nation.

And this is another dimension to the arrogance of the do-gooders; the inherent insult to Indonesia. According to the do-gooders these Manus islands malcontents are too good for Indonesia, or Indonesia is not good enough for them even though it is also a muslim nation.

Yet the same nation which the do-gooders run down, Australia has to take them; the same Australia which the do-gooders scorn.

It makes no sense; and it makes no sense because it is a leftie pipe-dream. The lefties don't really care about these Manus island illegals; they just want to use them to bash up their own nation which they despise.

Being left is the real mental health issue; one which the rest of sane people have to put up with.
Posted by cohenite, Sunday, 23 February 2014 10:25:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The betrayal of your country is to support policies which go against the interests of Australia's citizens. To implement and support policies which are inhumane, to conduct aggressive wars based on lies, to embroil Australia in deliberate race and religious based enmity. To conduct policies not in our interests but in the interests of a foreign super powers' maniacal evangelical religious based policies.

This super power which has betrayed its own people by subverting its own constitution. It has implemented and attempted to justify the use of torture, it holds people in concentration camps indefinitely, it refuses to provide these people any right to a court of law, it has extended to itself the right to abduct anyone it perceives a threat without due process, even the reporting of such abductions can be called an act of treason.

This once great USA has become so thoroughly malevolent and incompetent economically, diplomatically and morally. Its technological superiority, its unprecedented intelligence and military resources allowed 19 Saudi nationals to hijack 4 planes and level its icons. In Afghanistan it has been incapable of subduing a nation of goat herders. In Iraq it could not find the WMDs it went to war to destroy. There too, in iraq after a decade it cannot control the all pervasive incompetence which has beset it. Its soldiers now mentally deranged excel only in the experimentation of medieval torture, beating women and children. So frustrated they will indiscriminately kill civilians and level cities.

This once great USA no longer governs for its people. Infiltrated and corrupted by lobbyists from the military industrial complex, where companies like Halliburton direct foreign policy. Infiltrated by Zionists, not a single congressman or woman can find a critical word against Israel. Where every would be presidential candidate must fawn themselves and first be endorsed by Israel.

The unvarnished truth is that we here in Australia too, are caught in this incompetence and mendacity. In the age of the Internet the truth will not be erased or the crimes forgotten.
Posted by YEBIGA, Monday, 24 February 2014 9:01:33 AM
YEBIGA: the UN refugee Agency UNHCR has condemn both the Nauru and PNG detention Centres as inhumane, oppressive conditions, cramped, putrid...

Makes you think what the UN thinks about their own Camps across the World. eh. Besides, if the camps are putrid & unhealthy that would be because the people are untidy & have unhygienic practices. In Vietnam we had the same conditions in less salubrious conditions & we always kept our areas clean & tidy. Looking at any UN camps & the places looks like garbage dumps.

YEBIGA: there is strong evidence of a mental health epidemic across Australia.

That alone makes you wonder why refugees would want to come to a country of maniacs.

YEBIGA: When there are 3.5 Million refugees according to the Red Cross and UNHCR from Iraq and Afghanistan alone there is no good reason to doubt the veracity of their claims.

Notice they all come from Islamic Countries. Does that tell you something about the Religion & now they want to infect the West with the very problems they are running away from, as seen in Europe.

They are running away from Islamic countries with low standards of how they treat people to the West which has a much higher standard. They will only serve to lower the standard of the West to their lower standard.

All except Syria, of course, with it's very high standards treating people.
Posted by Jayb, Monday, 24 February 2014 9:06:29 AM
Jayb
Those 3.5 million Muslim refugees we displaced in Iraq and Afghanistan. We went in there and created Hell.

It amazes me you even bother with your time on this forum as you clearly have no interest whatsoever in the subject. Surely, at a minimum you would read something. At this point I would be satisfied if you were coming back with coherent white supremacy arguments, that would be preferable to the current vacuum.
Posted by YEBIGA, Monday, 24 February 2014 10:02:54 AM
YEBIGA: Those 3.5 million Muslim refugees we displaced in Iraq and Afghanistan. We went in there and created Hell.

I don't know if you remember, but there were mass migrations coming from the ME long before the West intervened.

Why was that?

I know the West went in to help the people but the exodus still continues. To my mind the West should stay right out of the ME, seal the boarders & let no one out. Let the entire ME sort it's own problems out. Their Religious problems are none of our business. We really didn't start it. We really don't want their Religious problems in the West. We are, as you say, morally, mentally & politically corrupt.

If, as you say, the West is so morally, mentally & politically corrupt then I don't see why anyone in the ME would want to come here. Or any good Muslim would want to stay in the West for that matter. If you are a good Muslim I would have thought that you would want to be well rid of Australia, for the very problems that you say we have, but if you stay it's because you are also part of the problem. Have you grown fat & lazy & used to our M,M, & P lifestyle?

Still this has nothing to do with Detention, does it, Deflection again, poirot.
Posted by Jayb, Monday, 24 February 2014 10:24:19 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy