The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > What women need…. > Comments

What women need…. : Comments

By Mishka Góra, published 19/2/2014

Why aren't we also talking about what men need for St Valentine's Day? Why are we saying that women need support when they first need to take some responsibility?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
you would not be enjoying the freedoms you have today.
Suseonline,
At that cost I'd rather have less of your so-called freedom. What is the freedom due to feminism anyway ? All I see is stupidity & a decline of our conditions.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 20 February 2014 7:04:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Daffy Duck

I found your post deeply offensive. It was contained blatant misandry and discrimination.

Daffy Duck your inference was it was only men who had initiated and participated in the evils you named.

Daffy Duck it was only evil men and evil women who were involved in these things.

Daffy Duck men also suffered from these evils.

Daffy Duck you should have asked your questions and qualified them using those terms.

And wooohooo in describing a politically correct person I finally get to use the word angry.
lol
Posted by imajulianutter, Thursday, 20 February 2014 8:20:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
While some of OLO's ardent men-hating radical feminists are manning (womynning?) the barricades to hurl abuse at a women who has the temerity to think for herself and make her own choices, I would like to take the God-given (sorry they hate religion so as well, not an approved literary allusion approved by the Sisterhood) opportunity to pose a question or two. So here goes nothing.

Q: Are all radical feminists lapsed Catholics who believe their father abandoned them or otherwise did them wrong? What is it with that?

Q: Wouldn't the Lord's Prayer be more useful to them and give them release from the heavy baggage they carry? Even if that baggage gives them a whipping boys as excuses for all that goes wrong in their sorry hate-driven worlds?

To be short and blunt, isn't 'adult' better than 'feminist'? Y'know, deal your own self-limitations, do what you love and be accountable for your own choices in life rather than wasting your lives blaming dad who is probably dead by now anyhow?

Yeah I know, 'Incoming!', but hey, men have broad shoulders and so do well-adjusted women, that is a metaphor. Vive la difference!
Posted by onthebeach, Thursday, 20 February 2014 10:37:56 AM
A long long time ago, A time I still remember when...

I had a serious operation & spent 12 months recovering. How ever I was bored at home so I went to the Boss & asked to come back to work in the Workshop. No Way! So I went to the General Manager who relented & put me in an Office with 8 women.

Well that was an experience I'll never forget. I became the sounding board or Dear Abby for all the women. I got to hear a lot of personal things I shouldn't have but that's not the point of this story. The entire Office, although cordial & peaceful on the surface was on a constant boil underneath. Every woman told me of their bitch with every other woman in the Office. That's where I learn't a saving grace. Aha Ha... Hmmmmmm. Aha Ha...... Hmmmmm. & how do you feeeeel about that.

I pulled the GM up one day & said when I leave here you probably get lots of complaints about me & I told him what I was subjected to. What did he say. Yeah, I know. & you think we have it easy in the Office working with women.

So, What do women need. Just someone to bitch to all day long. Preferably a deaf person with a big smile & Aha Ha..... Hmmmmmmm. (-;
Posted by Jayb, Thursday, 20 February 2014 11:11:37 AM
Killarney, "..feminism is a political philosophy (or tool of analysis of the distribution of power across the genders) and only really manifests as a movement from time to time to achieve specific goals"

Pull the other one Dear, it rings bells.

The educated, middle class elite who are feminism are doing very well out of riding the gravy train on a daily basis and likely have lived off it for the whole of their working lives. Examples could be feminist Julia Galah'd (Obama's pronunciation and spot on!) who like her guru Greer is living the good life in early retirement in an expensive bungalow and looking to her feminist mates to deliver lucrative work paid for from the public purse. It is a mateship thing. Exclusive. Emily's List.

Honestly Killarney, to say what you did leaves you as either a dupe, or one of the privileged Grrl mates who have been riding high on the hog from their gender wars for years, while claiming to represent 'women', whom they actually look down on and despise. That is no secret when they judge and insult women for doing what comes naturally to them. An example that is always topical for the feminists is their relentless criticism even disgust of breastfeeding, instead of handing infants over to State-funded childminding for bottle feeding on a production line.

Adoration of material things is one of the key differences between western feminists and the women they always know what is best for but never ask, let alone take any notice of.
Posted by onthebeach, Thursday, 20 February 2014 11:46:47 AM
Daffy Duck, thanks for the laugh.

Your first sentence is bit of a leap of logic, but you said it! I'm not responsible for the irrational conclusions you draw from my article.

And I'm really flattered that you a) researched my background; and b) think I'm connected to the tentacled secret organisation Opus Dei of Dan Brown's imagination. I hate to confess it, but I'm not a member. How boring, I know! I submitted my award-winning essay to Connor Court like any other budding academic, had it peer-reviewed, then waited a very long time for it to be published.

As for your final question, "Would feminists have brutally tortured and murdered Jesus?" I have to answer yes. Would they have encouraged a teenage girl who had fallen pregnant out of wedlock to abort her Son so that she wouldn't "ruin" her life? Yes, probably. And is there more than one popular Facebook group for people who think Mary should have aborted Jesus? Yes. And does abortion brutally dismember an unborn child? Yes. In fact, this idea seems to be a pretty popular one among pro-abortion activists. But thanks for bringing it up!
Posted by Mishka Gora, Thursday, 20 February 2014 3:51:15 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy