The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > O'Brien/Keating (The ABC's 'fictional' Frost/Nixon) > Comments

O'Brien/Keating (The ABC's 'fictional' Frost/Nixon) : Comments

By Randal Stewart, published 4/2/2014

Keating himself would sort of stutter into life like a World War II bi-plane, and then he would be off, fascinating the crowd with coruscating loops and double back-flips.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
Randal, you have provoked 0 comments. Bigots cannot appreciate satire. Please email a copy to Don Watson ( Keating's biographer) - I do not have his address.
Posted by Leslie, Tuesday, 4 February 2014 12:39:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I enjoyed the series, in spite of O'Brien. Keating turned out to much more than a pretty face and a very hard worker at that. The Labor party could do with more like him.

David
Posted by VK3AUU, Tuesday, 4 February 2014 2:57:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The Labor party could do with more like him.
VK3AUU,
I hope they're listening to you, I wouldn't mind no more ALP Government in my life.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 4 February 2014 6:18:55 PM
Certainly no more led by people like Whitlam, Gillard or Rudd. I am ambivalent about Hawke. I am also having my doubts about Abbott too. He doesn't understand economics, but then, who does.

David
Posted by VK3AUU, Wednesday, 5 February 2014 10:39:08 PM
" ... stutter into life like a World War II bi-plane."

Do you mean "World War I?" Snoopy would not be amused (neither would the Red Baron).
Posted by JKUU, Wednesday, 5 February 2014 11:08:55 PM
The most arrogant man but god help me, I love him.
Paul Keating and the Keating / Hawke government towers over the simpletons which have followed. The achievements are quite staggering...

The current crop and all those that followed from Howard, Rudd, and Gillard are quite frankly embarrassing.
Howard entirely relinquished governing altogether leaving economics to banks and miners to run. Foreign affairs and immigration policy was run from Washington.

As for Rudd, his ego was bigger than Keatings but absent any vision or principles. Gillard on the other hand, had a lot of principles about many little compassionate things and entirely no idea about much else. Once Howard's banks and miners stuffed up running the economy and Washington stuffed up foreign affairs and immigration the public would inevitably look to Gillard to do something but poor Julie was all at sea.

So now we have ABBoTT, Howard Mark 2 with a Jesuit strain. The end of the age of entitlement. Seems someone has been reading some libertarian economic theory. But
Lets be honest this economics business is beyond ABBoTT and Hockey. They have no agenda, no vision at all. They have a vague idea that the budget should be balanced and debt paid down. But unless global banks can kick start the global economy Australia is in a heap of trouble with these clowns.

When j hockey said, the age of entitlement is over, I think every thinking Australian realised we have an out of touch fool in charge of the treasury. The entitlements had gone decades ago. The only entitlements remaining are those enjoyed by politicians., CEOs
Posted by YEBIGA, Tuesday, 11 February 2014 10:53:49 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy