The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > What ever happened to climate change in Australia? > Comments

What ever happened to climate change in Australia? : Comments

By David Leigh, published 16/1/2014

Now, as we find ourselves 6-months into Abbott's Australia, there is little or no discussion.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. 21
  13. All
The last days of Tulip Fever.

The whining is intensifying... and Ad hominem is all they have.
Posted by ChrisPer, Thursday, 16 January 2014 6:06:57 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Firstly , I have to admit that I look forward to Davids' Novellas here on OLO.

Most amusing !

With the Election now being called , here in Tasmania,the only interest in it will be in seeing how low the vote for the Greens will be..

Based on what I am hearing , here in the North, it will be damn all.

Only Battery Point ex-mainlanders will be supporting them.
Posted by Aspley, Thursday, 16 January 2014 6:22:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I don't about anywhere else but in the region I live in it hasn't been as hot as I remember from 35-40 yeas ago & the wet seasons have all but disappeared. I recall days so blinding & hot in summer & pourng rain for days on end, nothing like that in the past 30 years.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 16 January 2014 6:28:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
David Leigh,

Like most believers in AGW appear to have a vivid imagination.

Your opponents are all deniers" à la Holocaust deniers.
Yet, no one here is denying climate change, just you peculiar take on it.

Your opponents have "masters".
Yet, no one here is on any payroll --but, if you are aware of anyone paying money for comment please pass-on their contact details!

And you seem to have this far fetched fantasy that you are fighting to restore democracy ...in Tasmania!

PS I dont really think the Robert LePage is a real name, in an age when one can so easily change a name by deed poll, why on Earth would anyone persist with a name that means Robert the little servant --unless, he was a masochist!
Posted by SPQR, Thursday, 16 January 2014 6:35:50 PM
Corrected version

David Leigh,

Like most believers in AGW YOU appear to have a vivid imagination.

Your opponents are all deniers" à la Holocaust deniers.
Yet, no one here is denying climate change, just youR peculiar take on it.

Your opponents have "masters".
Yet, no one here is on any payroll --but, if you are aware of anyone paying money for comment please pass-on their contact details!

And you seem to have this far fetched fantasy that you are fighting to restore democracy ...in Tasmania!

PS I dont really think the Robert LePage is a real name, in an age when one can so easily change a name by deed poll, why on Earth would anyone persist with a name that means Robert the little servant --unless, he was a masochist!
Posted by SPQR, Thursday, 16 January 2014 6:39:04 PM
David you are indeed a brave man posting about climate change on OLO.

The Coalition is trying hard to get Climate Change off the agenda and will not enter into discussions so to speak, they are too wedded to industry and owe too many favours to the big end of town.

Whomever is in government controls the information and sets the agenda. Australia won't see much in the way of environmental programs and responsibility for a while.
Posted by pelican, Thursday, 16 January 2014 6:46:27 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. 21