The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Giving to the next generation > Comments

Giving to the next generation : Comments

By Mikayla Novak, published 27/12/2013

The average value of inheritance expected to be left behind by retirees in this country, of about $US 502,000, is estimated at more than four times the average of other countries surveyed.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
I paid for myself, my family and my superannuation. I was taxed all of the way and there were taxes on taxes. The same applied to my parents.

As I look about me there are many who have enjoyed the freedom I never had to enjoy living. I paid for their living, their mistakes and their children too, and even for their gaol where they were stupid and mongrel enough to commit crimes as well.

Now I will be taxed on my superannuation payments and also for any more work I do. The bludgers around me and there are many, just as there were many who had jobs but blew their money on enjoyment, booze, gambling and holidays, or simply bad ideas, are now enjoying the fruits of my labors and the labors of my children as well. But I am still being taxed and heavily, and I get none of those guvvy services free!

Then along comes someone who wants me to agree to taxing my death - death taxes. Yeah, right!

What about I take myself and those well-educated children and their children to another country? We are encouraged to see ourselves as global citizens anyhow, so the political 'Progressives' say when they promote the 'diversity we have to have', according to them at least.

I will be interested to see how many of the migrants, especially from the Asian region will be putting up with the lazy and spendthrift Aussies, as Australian taxpayers have done up to the present. My Asian friends tell me that while they may provide limited support between blood relatives, charity does NOT extend out of the home to the community. That would be contrary to their culture. OK, that is reasonable too, but some here have a surprise in store for the future, maybe soon.
Posted by onthebeach, Monday, 30 December 2013 11:40:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What about I take myself and those well-educated children and their children to another country?
onthebeach,
I don't like your chances of being accepted unless you vehemmently deny you're Australian.
Unlike Australia other countries are only interested in ridding themselves of bludgers instead of inviting them in.
Posted by individual, Monday, 30 December 2013 5:05:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pericles, are you aware that my kids will most likely inherit more than a half a million each, which would mean the tax would effect my asett base.

So sorry, but my views are not envy driven at all.

I've worked hard myself but I honestly don't think any one person should be entitled to inheritance above half a million tax free.

However, these are my views and I respect the views of others, but you must understand, I speak from the other side of the fence.
Posted by rehctub, Monday, 30 December 2013 7:46:54 PM
onthebeach,
I just realised the wording in my last post is misleading as it infers you're a bludger. Please accept my appology it wasn't meant the way it came out.
Posted by individual, Monday, 30 December 2013 8:19:47 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy