The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > We're Christian, and we're here to help > Comments

We're Christian, and we're here to help : Comments

By Rowan Forster, published 25/12/2013

What do The Red Cross, Amnesty International, Opportunity International, Habitat for Humanity...have in common.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. All
[Deleted. Off topic.]
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 22 January 2014 7:51:30 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'Only Christian can have the knowledge of right and wrong'. Such delusional narrow minded rubbish.
I saw mention that donations should be done anonymously other wise you are seen as praise seeking? Something like that. What about in the church when the plate is put in your face, all eyes on you. And what about when you have no money to give, you dont want to be seen then.
The Catholic church is known to be the richest institute in the world. Many priceless works of art adorn the magnificent building. Do any of the monies in the Vatican, ever get dispersed among the needy? You never hear of such a thing. It would be nice to know the aid is getting to people, bring health to them and thanks to their faith in god.

'For an athiest to be charitable he must be expecting something in return, or loses his ego'. Give me strength.
Posted by jodelie, Friday, 24 January 2014 3:02:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Forster: "We're Christian, and we're here to help."

My answer to that is to continue the sentence, "rip off the Donors."

Forster: What do The Red Cross, Amnesty International, Opportunity
International, Habitat for Humanity...have in common.

My answer to that is, "we're here to help rip off the Donors too."
Posted by Jayb, Friday, 24 January 2014 9:07:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm a Christian and I'm here to help .... I'm an Ambassador for Christ I'm here to help
JESUS said, I Am the WAY, the Truth and the Life none come to the Father
Except through Me (The Lord Jesus Christ - the one and only son of God risen and currently sitting at the right hand of the Father.
Not Peter, not Mary , not the Pope, not other prophets.
Christ alone is the Way to the Father, to eternal life, to forgiveness of all our failure and our future temptations. Christ has conquered all. No amount of prayer, going to church, good works will replace Christ. Gods sacrifice for us. That is Grace - the Grace of God. That is why Christians should help ...in gratitude and as an act of worship to a loving God. I tell you this because that is my purpose in life now. To tell the Good News of Jesus Christ.
This is a new view of the world, not religion. The WAY the TRUTH and the LIFE.
Celebrate the Grace of God. Think about why the Reformation may have occurred. Think about why Jesus went to the synagogues and spoke with authority to the church and business leaders of the time. Could it be he was trying to tell them they were on the wrong path going the wrong Way. I tell you the Truth of Jesus Christ. He a free gift from God His son ..... A living sacrifice. a Gift from God
Blessing to the people on this topic.
Posted by Canary in Coalmine, Friday, 24 January 2014 9:49:12 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy