The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Qantas.con > Comments

Qantas.con : Comments

By Jonathan J. Ariel, published 12/12/2013

The Federal Govenment must stand up for the 23 million Australians who are not Qantas shareholders.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Kipp,
Just think if everyone dropped 10% for argument's sake, how much money there'd be for infrastructure & other realistic services such as a national service which would be instrumental in reducing crime i.e. more money available for other, better schemes. The Bradfield scheme, ring rail etc.
Prices will have to drop perhaps 8% to help economic stimulus. Just one CEO or head honcho dropping a million dollars would employ 12 working people. Movie & sporting stars earning millions could afford a 10% drop. All those Chairman like in Telstra, BHP etc.would not be any worse off with a 10% drop. So much competitiveness on the world market with more disciplined & with a bit of luck smarter Australians & bingo, we're over the Labor pains.
I'm sure a Qantas captain could still fly after a 10% drop & the leprechaun would not be starving either. No need to clip the wings of the flying Roo at all.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 12 December 2013 7:45:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Individual, there is no reason to drop any wage levels. We can once again create our own credit as in the past with 4 state banks and the Commonwealth.

Currently our money supply grows by $90 billion pa to = your toil + inflation. Guess what, you don't even own your own toil since private banks create it as debt. Unless we sell off Govt assets, resources and energy cheaply, the contrived debt by our financial masters can never be repaid.

The reality is that we are debt slaves to banks who own us by counterfeiting our currencies.
Posted by Arjay, Thursday, 12 December 2013 9:29:37 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
we are debt slaves to banks who own us by counterfeiting our currencies.
Arjay,
Yes, due to perpetual pushing for higher wages by the unions without a thought of the outcome. Btw. how many union reps will be losing their jobs in 2017 when Holden shuts down ? Will those 1000 in Qantas who lose their jobs include union reps ? Where is that economic growth from those illegal migrants so many insist we should take in ? Does the pro boat people brigade's compassion extend to those Australians who lose their jobs ?
Posted by individual, Friday, 13 December 2013 6:18:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Kipp said;
Australias domestic products are more expensive than Europe.

I have an interesting comparison on this;
My son and his wife came to Australia to live.
They bought a house and when they moved in they went to the supermarket
to buy everything & I mean EVERYTHING !

His wife was amazed at how much food & household goods they were able
to buy for so little money.
Now I grant that it was some years back and there may well have been
some change but I think the principal still holds.

This might point out that too many people are being paid too much in
some industries. Whether this applies to the aviation industry I don't know.
Whatever, we are in for a major shakeup in our standard of living.
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 13 December 2013 7:52:23 AM
That's a bit simplistic, individual.

>>Qantas service is as good as any airline's. Qantas isn't doing anythig wrong. the problem is the huge excessive pays that are sending the airline to the wall. Just like Ansett did. It's a union thing.<<

If you travelled a bit more, you'd know that your first assessment is very out of date. Qantas service has been going downhill steadily for over a decade, when compared to its competitors. Internationally, it has become a "last resort" pick, where twenty years ago it used to be the automatic first choice. And when Virgin arrived on the domestic scene, they immediately set a new standard for short-haul that Qantas hasn't yet been able to match.

One of Qantas' current practices on the Sydney-Melbourne commuter route is to cancel flights when they are below a profitable payload level, and say to the abandoned passengers "hey, it's only an hour different, what's your problem?" That kind of contempt to those who deliver your revenue stream is not easily forgiven.

Qantas management has been living in a time-warp, and their reliance on government support, both direct and indirect, has cushioned them from reality for far too long. It is a great shame for Qantas employees - especially their flight staff, who have suffered even more than their passengers through all this - that they have been so abysmally managed for so long. Qantas' Board is entirely to blame, they have hired successive incompetents in senior management, and believed themselves somehow invulnerable.
Posted by Pericles, Friday, 13 December 2013 8:09:52 AM
Pericles, I also experienced that "flight has been cancelled" shift
to the next flight. However as the flights to Melbourne are every 1/2
hour it was no real inconvenience. I nearly always go in the middle of
the day between 11 and 1 pm to get the cheapest flights and if that
slight inconvenience happens I am happy if it enables them to keep the fare down.
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 13 December 2013 10:19:16 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy