The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Back to the past > Comments

Back to the past : Comments

By Jenny Goldie, published 8/11/2013

'They've taken us back to the 1950s!' the defeated Labor MP from my electorate said about the incoming government. Actually, we both said it, in unison, half laughing, half despairing.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
must be horrible with egg all over your face Poirot. Abott Abbott Abbott already showing up how incompetent the sisterhood were.
Posted by runner, Friday, 8 November 2013 9:59:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
runner,

Far be it for me to question the vast wisdom of little runner who darts about the forum making smart-arsed comments of the most vacuous kind.

He's like a mozie that you really want to swat, but just keeps popping up with his whiney zing ad nauseam.

On the contrary, my misgivings about Abbott and his cohort of Murdoch acolytes have been borne out. Not only does Abbott studiously avoid pressers, but when the media are graced with his presence, his rhetoric is juvenile and stilted...did you catch him today when he went into automatic rewind with "Stop the boats!"?

There is no egg on my face, runner.

This government is dangerously rabid.

They will overplay their hand.

They store all their discipline in toeing the IPA line - none left over to stay their hand on implementation.

Too much too fast.....

I'll meet you back here at the end of the LNP's "one" term.

We'll see who's wearing the smirk then, shall we?
Posted by Poirot, Friday, 8 November 2013 10:13:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'There is no egg on my face, runner. '

you obviously put on a mask or don't look in the mirror Poirot. Your Abbott hysterics is a source of entertainment. Keep it up.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 9 November 2013 9:23:53 AM
P,

I will be around at the end of the first coalition term, and when Labor loses again, I will be there to rub your nose in it. The last Essential poll shows the coalition improving their position.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Saturday, 9 November 2013 2:47:47 PM
Great article Jenny, showing great insight. Don't be put off by the troll - how can a lobbyist understand that the planet is finite when his livelihood depends on not understanding it?
Posted by Ruth1, Saturday, 9 November 2013 4:51:27 PM
Climate Change Commission? All it did was to spend a zillion dollars of taxpayer money creating a new building in Canberra for a new government department staffed by Labor supporters, and create a column of carbon dioxide a hundred miles square with their overseas travel to climate change gabfests. Their recommendation was that the government should tax us more with a "carbon Tax" (actually, a "public servant tax") to pay for their empire building, their five star hotels in Brussels, their wages, and their superannuation. No wonder they are filthy at Abbot for ending their gravy train.

Abbot wants to take us back to the fifties, does he? Do you mean when our streets were so safe that we had practically no gun laws? No boatloads of third worlders lobbing on our shores to declare their undying allegiance to the Australian social security system? No Arab areas of Sydney where there are two or three shootings a week? No burqua clad zombies wandering our streets and scaring the kids? No ambulances demanding police protection to enter ethnic no go areas? No "Australian" terrorists in jail for wanting to mass murder Australians? No Labor politicians giving working class Australians the finger while sucking up to ethnic minorities to buy their votes, and wondering why Australians won't vote for them anymore?
Posted by LEGO, Sunday, 10 November 2013 3:38:29 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy