The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Is there room for science in the Tasmanian World Heritage dispute? > Comments

Is there room for science in the Tasmanian World Heritage dispute? : Comments

By Mark Poynter, published 13/9/2013

The new Coalition Government may be signalling its intent to consign politically-expedient resource use and environment decisions to the past.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
I have no expertise in forestry, but my understanding is that young trees, being in a period of vigorous growth, have a much higher uptake of CO2 than old trees. If I am right in this, surely all the campaigning for 'old growth forests' is contrary to the interests of the planet.

Tony O'Brien

Kettering, Tas
Posted by tonyo, Tuesday, 17 September 2013 6:43:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
In a generation or two much of this overprotected native forest will have degenerated into weedy and fire ravaged wilderness, and people who really care will curse those who created it by discarding science based management and resource use.
Ancient Woodman
Posted by Ancient Woodman, Saturday, 21 September 2013 3:18:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy