The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > How to lose the 'Christian vote' in three hours > Comments

How to lose the 'Christian vote' in three hours : Comments

By Adam Ch'ng, published 5/9/2013

For so many Christians voters, this was the moment that the sheep's clothing came off the wolf's back.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
the rational of the god deniers must be that paedophiles are born that way. a number of people I have known swap from one to the other. Anyone who could not see through Rudd from day one really were very naive.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 5 September 2013 10:11:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
runner, you are so full of hatred you are clearly not a Christian, yet I have seen you refer to a Lord. Are you perhaps a Satanist?
Posted by Candide, Thursday, 5 September 2013 10:31:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"I think we can call this the first 'gay marriage' election, if Rudd loses it will clearly be because of his apostasy."
Posted by progressive pat, 9:34am

I don't think so: many ppl vote for many reasons - mandates are over-stated.
Posted by McReal, Thursday, 5 September 2013 10:31:53 AM
On that theory of 'Christianity', progressive pat, unless the LNP Leader is campaigning for a prohibition on divorce and remarriage his behaviour is apostate... which he would know because it is near where the suppositories of knowledge are.

Runner... "the rational of the god deniers must be that paedophiles are born that way. a number of people I have known swap from one to the other." makes no more sense then saying any victims of paedophiles at Tony Abbott's alma mater "St. Patrick's Seminary" were forewarned by its name.

Maybe it was a late campaign attempt by Rudd to show the middle finger to islamists?

I doubt most people care enough, either way, to alter their voting intentions with respect to the two major parties and any undecided voters who do are the sort who tend to swing both ways anyhow.
Posted by WmTrevor, Thursday, 5 September 2013 10:58:13 AM
Kevin Rudd is superficial. All things to all men and women. He is notorious for working his claimed faith into his public presentations and for choosing outside churches for media interviews. The Christian-sledging Left 'Progressives' are silent on that, always pretending not to notice, of course. Nothing hypocritical about that. No Siree!

At least that dumpy woman with the over-dyed hair who went before was up-front in some of her hates, examples being families, older people and men. Not unexpected for the educated middle class feminist elite who rub shoulder pads at taxpayer-funded knees-ups at the Hilton. What exaggerated shoulder pads she wore! More like an orange citrus bug. LOL
Posted by onthebeach, Thursday, 5 September 2013 11:33:56 AM
Well, given a few ignoramus bigots are still welded to stone age philosophy, they may indeed, try to punish Labour in the polls.
However, they are likely to be outvoted around 3 to 1, by "real Christians", who believe Mr Rudd was right.
If we take the bible too literally, we will allow/reinstate slavery and the stoning of adulterers?
And then only on the basis of a pointing accusing finger?
Given genuine Christians believe in universal love and a philosophy of doing unto others as you would be done unto, Mr Rudd's vote may well increase.
If he loses a few bigots votes, he will have lost nothing of any redeeming value!
If these bigots were able to confront the overwhelming and irrefutable facts, that our sexuality is decided for us in the womb, or by the creator; they possibly would not be able to live with themselves, for all the harm they've done or caused!
Hence the refusal to look at the factual evidence? There are none so blind as those who will not see!
I don't need to make some have baked excuse for changing my vote, that validated facts are quite sufficient!
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Thursday, 5 September 2013 11:45:01 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy