The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Killing civilians to protect civilians in Syria > Comments

Killing civilians to protect civilians in Syria : Comments

By Marjorie Cohn and Jeanne Mirrer, published 30/8/2013

The drums of war are beating again. The Obama administration will reportedly launch a military strike to punish Syria's Assad government for its alleged use of chemical weapons.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All
Hey Shadow Minister and Spindoc. I am really glad that you two are on my side, and I am really glad that Geoff of Perth is on the opposing side. Even Lexi and Poirot must wince with embarrasment when Geoff comes out with his doozies. If I remember correctly, he even claimed that President Roosevelt wanted the Japs to bomb Pearl Harbour so the Yanks could get in on the war.

Geoff and Arjay, what a pair. You can only shake your head in pitying wonder at what fantasy they will dream up next.
Posted by LEGO, Monday, 2 September 2013 10:30:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Hey Shadow Minister and Spindoc. I am really glad that you two are on my side," says Lego. It sounds like something you'd hear in a school playground. Primary School of course.

Be warned, Lego. The Shadow Monster is into whipping and seems rather hung up on NAZIS. Perhaps he has a S.S. uniform in this wardrobe along with a plaited whip.

It's a shame that none of you can think outside the war paradigm, the infantile goodies and baddies construct.

Your programming appears set in concrete!
Posted by David G, Tuesday, 3 September 2013 8:31:51 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
David G,

Perhaps genocide helps titivate you while dressed in your S.S. uniform and plaited whip.

The rest of us deplore the gassing of civilians by the Assad regime. I know that a punitive strike would likely stop these atrocities and break your buzz, but most of us consider crimes against humanity as something to be prevented not celebrated.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 3 September 2013 2:32:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks LEGO, you obviously did not read what I wrote, I was just repeating the words of an investigative journalist on one possible scenario who uncovered evidence which indicated FDR did have something to gain by permitting the Japanese to commence hostilities with the US during WW II.

Perhaps you should learn to read a little wider. Myopia is a terrible affliction and tends to stunt one's growth in more ways than one.

Having worked in military intelligence, don't believe everything politicians or the media tell you, the story is often quite the opposite.

Get a grip

Geoff
Posted by Geoff of Perth, Tuesday, 3 September 2013 4:57:31 PM
Hey Geoff, FDR was also tied in with the US beer industry. Therefore, the only plausible reason why he ordered the US military to invade Germany was to destroy the German beer industry and make himself a fortune.

See how much mileage you can get out of that.
Posted by LEGO, Thursday, 5 September 2013 5:22:02 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy