The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Repudiation of the 1951 Convention relating to the Status of Refugees > Comments

Repudiation of the 1951 Convention relating to the Status of Refugees : Comments

By Peter Auton, published 23/8/2013

The vast majority of Australia's migration problems occur because it is a party to the Refugee Convention. The convention is nearly 60 years old.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
There appears to be a bit of what could be described as traditional "trolling" in the article, but then that is perhaps to be expected in the current clime.

It is regrettable to me that there is such a gross amount of contempt for even some of the most basic principles of the judiciary, which like the churches/the religious, is in many ways fettered resulting in an on going situation wherein the fundamental 3 tiered nature of the guvment system is corrupted, i.m.o.

A gross example of this is when the departments, knowingly practicing policy outside the confines of the law, abandon reason with relish, and default to

" .. everything is fine because the minister says that it is fine. .. "

I shudder at times to count how many times I have encountered this.

And when all manner of shocking misfortune has befallen upon the dependent and the vulnerable, it is maintained that ones loyalty to ones employer supercedes the obligation to confide in the people as a whole via "Free Speech" the truth of these incidents, and where to dob in a war criminal is considered a betrayal and rewarded with deprivation of liberty, sleep and sensual stimulation.

As the ABC will be required to compete, so too should the politicians be made to be. Australia has a 2 party preferred system, not the coaltion and the ALP system, and neither should the incumbents be favored in my view.

No, I'm out and will seek exemption from the otherwise compulsory vote on the grounds that it is my sincere belief that it is my "religious duty" (of the moral variety) to abstain.

Not withstanding the fact that the Western Australian Electoral Commission does not recognises the plurality of the word "reasons" from the Act in this regard and further seems to dismiss the notion of moral duties, I am of the view that they deliberately err.

Someone said in the public arena recently, " .. Jesus Weeps .." to which one may reply:

" ... Yes, and ... "
Posted by DreamOn, Saturday, 24 August 2013 3:17:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The refugee convention, to which Australia is a party, is simply outdated and Australia should refute it asap. Australia can continue to be a compassionate nation - as it already is, and has proven many times. What Australia does not need is to be caught up in the religion inspired dioramas that are presently causing much grief around the world.
Posted by Pliny of Perth, Monday, 26 August 2013 12:14:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The Abbot Liberal/National latest multimillion-dollar Asylum Seeker annoncement on 'buying boats' from people in Indonesia's village people sounds like a never ending illogical rort.
miacat,
I'm sure that there are better options/ways of curbing the flow of illegal immigrants via Indonesia but, it is preferable & far more sensible than what the Labor Government is doing now by spending multi billions & not reducing the flow.
Posted by individual, Monday, 26 August 2013 8:17:01 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy