The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Australia and xenophobia > Comments

Australia and xenophobia : Comments

By Philip Machanick, published 25/7/2013

What are the facts on 'push' and 'pull' factors for asylum seeker arrivals.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. All
David F,
Nice try at deflection but it's question of context,we're not talking about "Nazis" and there's no equivalent movement at large in today's society or indeed the world. The debates in which we White Australians engage in 2013 fit the description given by Trotsky in his history of the Russian revolution, if I remember it correctly the chapter is titled "Peculiarities Of Russian Development", this is the only way the word "Racist" can be applied to the world of 2013 and it's definitely the context in which you've used it.
Further to what I posted earlier I'd suggest that being so unnatural and so defiant of nature the only way so called "egalitarian" values can be propagated at all is to couch them in inegalitarian or even anti egalitarian language, the proper language of men. We might refer to Marcuse' "Repressive Tolerance" but I think Niccolo Machiavelli put it succinctly when he said "Hence it is that all armed prophets have prospered and the unarmed ones have been destroyed".
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Thursday, 25 July 2013 9:56:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Jay of Melbourne,

No deflection. You wrote: "When Leon Trotsky coined the term "Racists".

Please show where and when Trotsky coined the term "Racists". He may well have used the term, but I doubt that he coined it.

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to your facts.
Posted by david f, Thursday, 25 July 2013 10:09:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen,

"Perhaps this nerds would be better off sticking to something they knows something about."

(Yeah, David - only Aussie xenophobes are qualified to speak out on the issue around here)

Here's something to ramp up the hysteria a notch.

Tony's latest desperate lunge for votes (in response to Rudd's hastily concocted barrel of nasties)

Confected emergency - anyone?
Posted by Poirot, Thursday, 25 July 2013 10:31:54 AM
Sorry - forgot the all important link to Tony's latest:

http://www.tonyabbott.com.au/LatestNews/PressReleases/tabid/86/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/9311/Operation-Sovereign-Borders.aspx
Posted by Poirot, Thursday, 25 July 2013 10:33:01 AM
There's no record of the use of the word "Racist" or the French "Racissme" in the Anglophone countries prior to the 1930's the concept as we understand it today (via Trotsky) did not exist,if you can find one I'll happily discuss. I've given you the exact reference, it's Trotsky's "History Of The Russian Revolution", in the relevant chapter he's critiquing the relationships between the peasantry, the church and the Tsarist bureacracy.
You can view the document here:
http://www.marxists.org/ebooks/trotsky/history-of-the-russian-revolution/ebook-history-of-the-russian-revolution-v1.pdf
If you use the search function and type in "Racists" it'll take you there.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Thursday, 25 July 2013 10:42:25 AM
Border Protection is becoming a farce at the political level.

In terms of Rudd and Abbott and their solutions, perhaps they should remember a little of history.

As Napoleon said, “Never harass your enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself.”

I think in terms of both our future prospective leaders, Napoleon summed it up well.

As to the Xenophobia, welll of course its rampant, we are human beings and being innate animals we will always try to do the girl or guy standing next to us over, it's just within our nature.

Geoff
Posted by Geoff of Perth, Thursday, 25 July 2013 11:15:31 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy