The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Is the moon made out of cheese? > Comments

Is the moon made out of cheese? : Comments

By Anthony Cox, published 26/6/2013

40 years ago they went to the moon, now they dispute the 'science' behind climate change.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Oi, cohenite,

I was having mild snoop in the direction of von Storch - and I came upon this:

http://www.donaldisme.dk/vonStorch.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donaldism#Germany

Still I expect Duckburg may be affected by climate change as well.
Posted by Poirot, Friday, 28 June 2013 1:26:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yeah, well done Poirot; another absolutely incisive post by you.
Posted by cohenite, Friday, 28 June 2013 8:34:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Forgive me, cohenite, but I can't resist...

I think I've finally found the connection between people who "think" they know the science and those who really do.

Exhibit one:

http://www.uky.edu/Projects/Chemcomics/html/dd_15_2_n.html

"Donald invents Duckmite, which he uses to power a rocket to the moon."

(No mention as to whether he found it was made of cheese)

I do however recall one comic in my catalogue (I was a huge Donald Duck fan in my youth - taught me to read far more efficiently than Dick and Dora) where Donald and his nephews went to the Andes and found chickens who laid square eggs.

(A bit like you've done with this article)

Ouch!
Posted by Poirot, Friday, 28 June 2013 10:17:48 AM
@Poroit,

<<I was a huge Donald Duck fan in my youth...>>

Yep and it's evident in the way you write...I dare say most of what you know about world affairs came to you via Donald Duck!
Posted by SPQR, Saturday, 29 June 2013 11:19:21 AM
Don't knock the Duck!

(I reckon I'm still in front on points in this thread:)
Posted by Poirot, Saturday, 29 June 2013 12:58:47 PM
You're always ahead Poirot, on every thread you are in; in terms of comic relief you are non-pareil.
Posted by cohenite, Saturday, 29 June 2013 2:17:57 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy