The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Palestine: Clinton's $500,000 speech leaves one speechless > Comments

Palestine: Clinton's $500,000 speech leaves one speechless : Comments

By David Singer, published 25/6/2013

Clinton still clings to the wreckage of an outdated and rejected proposal Peres helped revive - the creation of a second Arab state in Palestine for the first time ever in recorded history.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. All
#To Geoff of Perth

I am not sure if Ben DR is Dr Ben. He refuses to identify himself - just like you - other than to tell us he is Jewish and a lawyer.

Both you and he are in the same league when it comes to making wild and unsubstantiated statements that cannot be backed up when challenged.

Your reliance on the opinion of a person who changes quoted statements to serve his own ends,misleads and deceives at every turn and fails to answer "Yes" or " No" when asked a question to confirm or deny a fact - as I have pointed out and you have obviously read - is not therefore surprising.

The one positive is that at least one Jew's opinion can influence your thinking. Be careful - it could become infectious.

Having failed again to provide any evidence to back up your following statement for a fourth time - are you now prepared to withdraw it?

" The 'benefits' ex servicemen and women get in Israel is just so vastly different to what is on offer in other countries, especially when we start talking about land and housing."

I am waiting....
Posted by david singer, Sunday, 7 July 2013 9:52:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
David

You can post all you like about how i havent substantiated myself, but you are fooling no one but yourself. Have gone to great lengths to explain where you have gone wrong. Yet you cant produce details of a single Int law authority to refute what Berman and Scobbie have said.

You now seem to be saying that, contrary to what the ICJ expressly held in 2004 on the Pals rights of SD and the inter temporal rule, the Pals rights to SD somehow yield to Isr's rights under the mandate. However you cannot back that up with a legal opinion from a single expert.

David, there really is no point responding unless you can provide these legal opinions.
Posted by Ben DR, Sunday, 7 July 2013 2:44:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
#To Ben DR

Before responding to your latest post can you answer "Yes" or "No" to this question:

Do you use the name "Ben David" in any posts that you send to other websites?
Posted by david singer, Sunday, 7 July 2013 3:13:59 PM
Yes
Posted by Ben DR, Sunday, 7 July 2013 7:27:27 PM
#To Ben DR

Thank you for admitting you use two different anonymous names to post on different sites. Given your admission that you also changed a quote by Professor Scobbie - I don't wish to engage in any further correspondence with you.

Is that the kind of conduct a lawyer should engage in? No wonder you don't want to identify yourself publicly. Maybe you are not even a lawyer or even Jewish as you claim to be.

Does all wisdom reside in BEN DR and Ben David ( and maybe any other names you might use) to denigrate the opinions of others like Rostow, Riebenfeld , Stone, Greif, Levy, Baker and Kaplan,because they are Zionists, Jews and perhaps even live in the West Bank?

Does that give me the license to criticise the opinions of Berman, Scobbie and yourself because you are anti-Zionists who do not believe the Jews are legally entitled to their own State in their biblical and ancestral homeland?

My position on the Mandate and article 80 (supported also by the ICJ in the SWA case as I have quoted to you) remains unchanged and still applicable in 2013.

You have failed to specify the date when those rights were ended.

The experts you produced - Scobbie and Berman - have not directly addressed the issue of The Mandate and article 80. Your attempt to claim they have in an indirect and round about manner is rejected.

You have failed to produce any expert lawyer who has addressed the issue directly and come to a different conclusion.

Just remember that any case only goes to Court because there are two different legal opinions - only one of which will prevail.

it is a pity you didn't leave OLO when you said you would (do lawyers go back on their undertakings as well?)

Stick to your opinion if you will because I will stick to mine until a Court decides that the rights conferred on the Jewish people by article 6 of the Mandate and article 80 of the UN Charter have been extinguished and no longer apply.
Posted by david singer, Sunday, 7 July 2013 10:54:19 PM
Looks like Syria and Iraq will each require a three-state solution.

Egypt could implode.

Things are certainly looking interesting in the M-E.
Posted by stevenlmeyer, Tuesday, 9 July 2013 12:20:42 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy