The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Dilemmas in education for parents and society > Comments

Dilemmas in education for parents and society : Comments

By Valerie Yule, published 6/6/2013

Parents need to be aware of the consequences of segregated schooling for the adult lives of their children.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
people like Valerie tend to overlook the fact that parents who choose private education are probably taxpayers themselves and are therefore entitled to funded education, I also believe that Valerie is tilting at windmills with her segregation argument, as I feel that many parents merely want to protect their children from negative influences which may be prevalent in some areas, my mum sent me to a private school as I was zoned for Merrilands high school in Melbourne Northern suburbs, apparently the students there had a penchant for flushing other kids heads in the toilets, and incidentally Chopper Read went to that school about the same time. I attended three different secondary schools, two of them public, which my dear mum thoroughly investigated, and they were very good, although I perceived that in the public schools, especially in the humanities subjects there was a concerted effort to indocrinate/brainwash the students in leftist/greenie political ideals, this came at a time when I was only just becoming politically conscious, however this does not bother me with regards to my own kids as I will teach them to think critically and logically so they are impervious to propaganda. My concern is more to do with the "cultures" that exist, not ethnic or racial/religious but moronic gang cultures or tribalism.
Posted by murgatroyd, Thursday, 6 June 2013 10:32:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy