The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Bradley Manning's legal duty to expose war crimes > Comments

Bradley Manning's legal duty to expose war crimes : Comments

By Marjorie Cohn, published 6/6/2013

Manning complied with his legal duty to obey lawful orders but also his legal duty to disobey unlawful orders.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
The USA is the leader of the "Anglosphere", David G. If our civilisation is so bad, why is everyone from failed civilisations breaking their necks and drowning themselves to get into our nations?

The rule of thumb for every person wishing to live in a prosperous and tolerant society, with personnel freedoms that are unprecedented in the history of the world is, "head for anywhere they speak English."

The civilisations created by the North European protestant people have created the modern world and set the standards for those Asian societies now overtaking us in prosperity. Those that copied the European civilisations are doing very well. Those that remain mired in Theological immaturity, or who did not have the cognitive intelligence to attain modernity, are going backwards into the future.

That you can see nothing but negativity in your own civilisation really does amaze me. I think your attitude is a measure of youthful immaturity. In the same way that an adolescent grasps a cigarette, because he thinks it will show how adult he or she is, you grasp the bizarre social views of a fashionable elite who's attitudes you accept without question, because they a represent a caste you aspire to join.

But I was the same when I was younger, so I can't denigrate you too much. Most people grow out of their left wing views, and I have every confidence that sooner or later, your capacity for reasoned thought will over ride your present compulsive need to conform. At that stage, you will switch on your now dormant reasoned analysis circuits.

The only older people who continue with your attitudes after a certain age, are those who live within the confines of the cloistered halls of the Artz academia where unrealistic attitudes become inbred. Or within the confines of the public service, where the benefits of state inefficiency are held in high regard from those with totally secure jobs.
Posted by LEGO, Monday, 10 June 2013 4:57:13 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy